Quantcast

My new house. Yeah, we bought it.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Gonna try this one again. (Misunderstanding on my part lead to a deleted thread) It's muh new house!

Living room.

Bonus room.

The den where we spend much of our time.

Which is connected to the kitchen. Which is where I keep my beer. Built in SubZero fridge.

My wifes favorite room, the library.

Ensuite master bedroom.

The back yard has two levels. Both need tons of landscaping work including the removal of about a dozen trees. (I hate olive trees) Upper:

And lower:

And the view out the front door.

2800sf., 3 (sometimes4) beds, 2.5 baths. 1/2 acre lot. Not too bad for so cal, and we got a smokin deal on it. The previous owner was a cabinet maker and he made and installed all the cabinets and shelves, the entryway, and the staircase.

Future plans include a kitchen remodel, backyard landscaping, and installing a bar in the library. Then it's party time! :cheers:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that's really cool. I love the entranceway, stairs, archways, fireplace, and library especially.

Do you live near Fontucky? that view looks familiar

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
I wont ask you 'how much'?, but can you tell us how much less percentage wise you got it from its highest valuation?

... great looking house!!!!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
As the economy gets worse - the demand for Meth goes up.

He's doing just fine. Plus the insurance check from the last place having a, eh, 'fire'...

I kid I kid... but you do live in the IE! :bonk:
Nah.. the parents had good insurance, we gave 'em "The Menendez"! :brows:

However as someone said, neither my wife or I have been hit by the recession. I do IT for Kaiser which is one of the major HMO's in So Cal. Business is always up for Kaiser, so I generally get raises each year (Provided my performance warrants it). My wife teaches general ed at a bachelors degree granting tech/trade college. Between the two of us working full time we bring in close to 6 figures. We spent the last 3 years living in a cheap shack to save money and pay off our debt and improve our credit. We changed our spending habits, and stopped buying things on credit. Less vacations, less luxuries like cancelling our subscription at the Pasadena Playhouse, and the Huntington Library, and we managed to save quite a bit.

All in all I must say that a little hard work, thoughtful budgeting and spending, and making a few sacrifices really paid off in the long run. Now not only do we have this house, but we can also afford a few luxuries again... I can go to Northstar this year again, and we can afford eithr a sub to either the playhouse or the museum. I figure if we keep working hard, and be mindful of our spending we'll be in an even better place in 5 years.

We got it for under 500k, which is a great price for this neighborhood. The previous owners were going through a divorce, and that ended up effecting the price in our favor. We are in the IE, but are thankfully west enough in the city/area that it's only 25 minutes to Pasadena from here. There are trails in the hills and mountains above the house which I need to check out.

So... party at my place on saturday after practice at Fontucky. BYOB :banana:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
We are in the Alta Loma area of Rancho Cucamonga. North of the 210, West of the 15.
Dude I knew that veiw was familiar. Your right there near Victoria gardens ish area then, northish of that area..... Hey, that means enxt time we are out riding webb, your just a hop and a skip away!!!!!

You gonna be at Fontana Tommorrow???