Quantcast

My "new" old bike

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Here it is...my late winter/early spring project is complete. I had been debating about getting a new bike, but decided that I liked my Heckler too much to give it up yet. A little "refreshing" and it's as good as new. Original color was black powder. Used Mothers to re-brighten the swingarm. Pics aren't the best, but you get the idea...

Frame: Med '02 Heckler, "Aqua", 5th Element 2" stroke
Fork: '05 Fox Vanilla RLC
HS: King
Stem/Post: Thomson
Bars: OS Answer Carbon ProTapers
Grips: Juegos de Fuego Lock Ons
Saddle: WTB SST2K
Shifters: X.9 triggers (Thanks, Stosh)
Rear Der.: X.9 short cage (Thanks, Stosh)
Front Der: XT
Crank/BB: XT, 22t, 32t, Salsa "trials" bash guard
Chain: PC-991
Cogs: XT750 12-34
Pedals: Candy SL
Brakes: Hope Mono M4 180mm front, Mono Mini 160mm rear
Wheels: King, CX-Ray, Mavic x3.1, Salsa QRs
Tires: Maxxis Ignitor UST, 2.35 front, 2.1 rear

Sorry I didn't include any woks, spare microwaves, fire extinguishers, or rootbeer colored bikes in the background. You'll have to do with my pitiful excuse for landscaping and yard upkeep instead.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I am sometimes wishing that i had a heckler instead of a bullit now. They are real nice... I like what you've done with it.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
I am sometimes wishing that i had a heckler instead of a bullit now. They are real nice... I like what you've done with it.
You already had one, but you sold it. Sure it said Haro, but it was a heckler with an integrated headset.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
DRB said:
What's the deal with the birdbath?

Nice heckler.
Haha! Nice. There used to be a tree there, but it died and had to be cut down. The wife thought it would be "neat" to put a birdbath there. We're too cheap to have someone come out and grind the stump down...

Thanks!

J

JRB

I cut down 2 trees last night. I don't have a birdbath though.