Quantcast

My new Revell 250R

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
OK, I just got done building up my new Revell - All I need to do is cut the bars down.:D :D :D

Spec:

Revell 250R 24"wheel specific frame (100% 4130)
Profile Hubs + Trailpimps 4x wheel, IRC Kujo 2.35s
2003 XT cranks and 9spd drive+e13 STS (e13 products=good :) )
T.H.E. Stem, Thompson SP, Single rear Hayes Hydro, 80mmDJIIIs

I am thinking about getting a disk for the front - but I'm gonna run this first for a bit.

More images here:http://www.romeonovember.com/Photos/Bikes/Revell_250R

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
Oh gosh that bike rocks!!:eek: I have seen pics of those revell frames in DIRT for awhile and they look super nice. Nice build to, looks reasonable yet really really tough! w00t!

(post this in the burly hardtail thread, to show more people)

freerider215

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
First off, good move reducing that fork, it looked silly w/ a 5" fork. It looks good, although it should be a single speed. Yeah it's cool, but it's not as nice as my DMR Rhythm. lol. Take those gears off and you're almost there.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
Originally posted by freerider215
First off, good move reducing that fork, it looked silly w/ a 5" fork. It looks good, although it should be a single speed. Yeah it's cool, but it's not as nice as my DMR Rhythm. lol. Take those gears off and you're almost there.
Yo fool, single speed is personal preferance, MANY pros run gears such as Lenosky, Chase, Berecloth (sp? Note the significant bmx background there). And why would you go around saying stuff like "its not as nice as my dmr rhythm"--to that i say "LOL!" That is just immature, and not to mention untrue.

P.S. my bike is SS and i swear by it.

dv8cam

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
Good job with the customizing! By the way, the DMR handles like a tank compared to the handling of the Revell (even with 5" of front travel). I have ridden both and there is no comarison. Just look at the head angle & rear triangle geometry specs. SS or with gears, this baby still handles like a 24" BMX cruiser.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
:)

Not that much customisation - I've got an 8" rotor on the front now though, and I've chopped the seatpost down by about 5", and the bars by about 2" either side. (I like narrow bars) - I've made the DJs 90mm and made em superfirm.

The 450 looks real nice too. Where didi you get that T.H.E. stuff from? I can't seem to find anyone who stocks it, I'd quite like a little pad for the stem!