Quantcast

My new ride....

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Still haven't gotten the new pedals yet, but here she is. :D

Took her out on her maiden voyage this evening and felt great! I was pretty happy with the ride considering it's the first time I've been on a road bike since 1988. :help: I've got a long way to go by Aug. 20th, but I think I'll be o.k.. :)

18.247 miles
1:10:31
Avg. 15.5 mph
Max. 33.5 mph

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
very nice!

It's not often you find a bike with an uncut steerer tube. I'm happy for you.

Reminds me that I need to post my pics too.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Nice ride.

Just one word of caution - keep an eye on that rear skewer. I'm not sure if it was a "fluke" with my Jamis or what, but I had several problems with the rear wheel pulling out of the dropouts under real high torque. I complained to Jamis about it and they ended up sending me Ultegra skewers to replace the stock el-cheapo ones.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Edit: Where'd you ride?
From my front door, to the steamboat wharf in Lake George and back on the bike path. I'll bring my camera next time and make sure to post some pics in the Ride Report forum. :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
nice ride ( is it me or is the seat way forward?)

that section of path is cool, we use to rollerblade it and get crazy fast on the way to LG (even while coasting passed a biker or 2)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
From my front door, to the steamboat wharf in Lake George and back on the bike path. I'll bring my camera next time and make sure to post some pics in the Ride Report forum. :)
Nice! That's what I am loving about my roadie...I can leave right from home and get a solid hour in.