Quantcast

My new ride

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That's some pretty bad photoshopping, Derek... I mean, really, exceptionally bad - you even messed up your black boarder in the process :p

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Well if anyone wants to buy this image from me, I'll go back and do a better job:biggrin:

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
and on top of that I put it in the wrong forum. Looks like I can't move it. Somebody help?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Haha... Touché.

I don't know squat about boards, all I know is I have to dodge a million idiots on the campus every day who think its their God-given right to get up as much speed as possible on the sidewalk and plow straight ahead... :rant:

Are you living a completely engine-less lifestyle now?

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Haha... Touché.

I don't know squat about boards, all I know is I have to dodge a million idiots on the campus every day who think its their God-given right to get up as much speed as possible on the sidewalk and plow straight ahead... :rant:

Are you living a completely engine-less lifestyle now?
Yeah I'm no skateboarder either, but my neighbor who is a big surfer bought one the other day and it was a ton of fun

(me and my sweet wifey)
http://www.bikerubbish.com/sept2006/MVI_5915.AVI (my tow rope is the computer power cord. A much better use for it..)

So I had to go get one myself. I doubt any tricks will ever be stunted on this board, but its fun to go fast and carve. If you can snowboard you can ride one pretty easily.

Getting close with no engine.. The only thing that gums up the works is traveling to Seattle on weekends for weddings.

Hows that savings plan coming along??? Keep living beneath your means, its the secret to happiness :clapping:

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
I bought an Arbor longboard for my wife this summer. I have a Comet for myself. They are so much fun for just cruising around on.

The Arbors are beautiful boards, but my Comet, although not as pretty to look at is more fun to ride to me. It has narrower trucks and is really flexy, so you can make really tight, fast carves with it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hows that savings plan coming along??? Keep living beneath your means, its the secret to happiness :clapping:
Doing okay. Not much going into savings, but I'm not going into debt and I'm not running close to zero every month either. My hours @ work are cut now that I'm in school full time.

I did pick up a small consulting job, about 5 hours per week at an absolutely obscene amount of money, so that will help pad out my savings account.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
I bought an Arbor longboard for my wife this summer. I have a Comet for myself. They are so much fun for just cruising around on.

The Arbors are beautiful boards, but my Comet, although not as pretty to look at is more fun to ride to me. It has narrower trucks and is really flexy, so you can make really tight, fast carves with it.

Sounds like a pretty cool wife:cheers:

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Doing okay. Not much going into savings, but I'm not going into debt and I'm not running close to zero every month either. My hours @ work are cut now that I'm in school full time.

I did pick up a small consulting job, about 5 hours per week at an absolutely obscene amount of money, so that will help pad out my savings account.
Hey if you're not going into debt while going to school, it's just as good, and congrats on the new gig:greedy: :greedy:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
very nice... i rock an arbor abacus (powder snowboard) on deep days... they make nice gear...

i have a couple of longboards... one tahoe longboard and an old school sector nine... i ll post a few snaps later... have fun on that beast :banana:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
bah, what lenght is that beast ??

this is my hot dogger... 39" tahoe longboards... recently replaced the kryptos since they were coned out severely... haven t had a chance to roll on these wheels yet (70s flashbacks)... gonna be nice to find some long, smooth dhs...

this is the old sector 9... she has been a faithful old beast...

the longboards together...

the deck of the sector nine has gravel stains where ya feet are... we used to set them up with the big tractor wheels and ride them on hardpack gravel back home... some sick drifting, severely lacking control but fun...

the newest member of the fleet.. yeah, it s a re-issue

anyone else ride longboards ???

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
anyone else ride longboards ???
Heck yes, got an older sector 9 concave pintail that I used in college, and a newer carbon trylam that rocks. For my dirt fix I've got an old mountain board sports razor that I get hurt on pretty much every time I ride the damn thing.

My girlfriend is riding an older sumatra or some random longboard she won in a surf contest.

Sometimes she ends up bombing the local hills around here faster than me.

I'll post some pics when i find my damn camera, it's MIA after last nights hopping.