Quantcast

My new Sinister R9

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
Originally posted by Horrendous Hack
Oh you bastard! How does it ride?
well it hasnt seen any real dirt yet but it seems to pedal pretty well for a big bike, feels very stiff. very nice longish cockpit which I like and good standover.

I am uncertain about the wheelbase...it didnt feel overly long. chainstays are a bit longer...17.5 I think so the front end it a bit tougher to get up but nothing bad.

I am going to the mountains this coming weekend so will see how it fares then. :D

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
coolest thing about his Bike's (other than hand built works of art)is what's called the "Fred"...the shop owner of ProBikes here in Asheville suggested it...those bumpstops for the fork built into the frame....way, way COOL and simple!

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
I would have planned to go up Sat but I forgot Bromont opened so early! I was thinking end of May same as Tenny.

I think we are going up some time in June this year. We have been doing DH runs for a couple of weeks now:devil: PM me if you are interested in some shuttle runs........

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Originally posted by auntesther
just finished building it up yesterday and thought I would share some pics...its quite nice.:D

Someone needs to print up some
"Spooky Lives!" stickers for those.

It's great to see Frank still making bad-arse bikes like that. Enjoy the heck out of that thing!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Man, I like the looks of that rig. The built in bump stops are cool. Very nice work, I need to check one out in person.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Dope bike, I think the orange is pimp, too. What kind of tires are you running? They look like WTB Timberwolf's, but wasn't sure.

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
Originally posted by HRDTLBRO
Dope bike, I think the orange is pimp, too. What kind of tires are you running? They look like WTB Timberwolf's, but wasn't sure.
Thanks. I really dig the orange.

yup they are Timberwolfs.