Quantcast

My new-to-me truck

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
'08 Tacoma access cab standard bed. No electric amenities. 2.7, manual trans.

The little gray box in the back costs $6,000

I love these doors

28k on the odo

AM/FM/CD

Drives nice, comfy, a little taller and wider than my last one. Cup holders will hold my 32oz drink bottle.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You missed a R :)

4cyl really?

Does seem like a lot of money. Almost the same I paid for my 2007 Volvo XC70 with lower mileage.
yeah...the 2.7L is a 4banger. Not to diss, just saying it's not a high-line truck, but it's still hyper valuable. Hell, even sh.tty old tacos with 135k mi sell for 11g.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
yeah...the 2.7L is a 4banger. Not to diss, just saying it's not a high-line truck, but it's still hyper valuable. Hell, even sh.tty old tacos with 135k mi sell for 11g.
Interesting I did not know there would be enough power to pull that thing with a gas 4banger. I will keep saying it a sweet common rail diesel in that thing would rule.

Anyway still a sweet truck and sounds like a super clean setup that should give very little problems for long time.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
2.7L is HOOJ. x2 that's a 5.4l V8...so it should put down some healthy power. I wouldn't want to tow with it, but I bet it can get out of it's own way.

Congrats on the new truck.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
What I find so amazing is the value on those Tacos vs the Tundra.

I have an 04 tundra with the V8. I get about 13mpg (vs what... maybe 17 on the Taco), I have a fair bit more space... never had any mechanical issues. Much bigger truck bed... leather sunroof etc. Love the truck... and it is probably worth HALF of what a similar year Taco would go for.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I will never go back to manual. Have ruined too much clothing to worry about eating/drinking/shifting ever again. And I used to be the worlds foremost preponent for manual as a doomsday kinda thing when all goes electrically wrong.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Yes, I'm getting a cap, the one on the old truck was one designed for a Mazda (the truck came with the cap), and didn't fit really well and leaked. I'm looking at the same type, and it will look better because it will be color coordinated.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Nice ride, I have noticed how the mid sizes are almost priced as much as their big brothers all the way across the board, kinda crazy.

I like the interior on that, looks good.

owentking

Chimp
Mar 28, 2010
Mountains of Rock
Sweet ride. I've got an 04 taco and I love it. I'm sure I'll get another when mine dies in a few decades. I've got a tono cover over my bed. Allows for a secure spot for gear when on the trail but still allows me to have the benefits of an open bed when i need it. Congrats on the new ride.

Tacoma, the actual american made car.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
My dream truck right there!! Nice one for sure. No fancy electrical gadgets, straightforward 5 speed truck.