Quantcast

My new Tomac Snyper 140 - FINALLY built with pictures!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Alright I finally got everything together ago finally got the bike built this morning! Unfortunately, the ride report will have to wait until after new years because I am going out of town tomorrow. Anyways, here are some of the highlighted specs:

-2008 Tomac Snyper 140 (Large)
-2008 Fox Float RP2
-2008 Fox 32 Float R
-XT rear derailer
-Avid Juicy Fives
-Sun Ringle Disc Jockey with Ringle hubs
-FSA XC-280 Riser bars
-FSA Gravity Light cranks
-FSA Gravity bash/guide
-Diamondback magnesium pedals (418 grams)

I haven't weighed it complete yet, but I did it last night without the cranks on it and it was at 26lbs.

This is my new 4x/all mountain/xc/light dh trail bike. I cannot wait to give this bad boy a ride!

Thanks again to everyone at Tomac for helping me get set up right. Especially Joel and Clarke for really going the extra mile on everything!

Anyways, here are the pictures!

Oh, whats that over there...Lets take a closer look...

mmmmmmmmm... :drool:

Note the carbon flex stays... :drool:

Hope you guys like it! Also, ride report coming after new years. =] :monkey:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
umm thats not downhill
You're not downhill. haha =]

And like ThePriceSeliger and I already said, it is light downhill. The trails here in Santa Cruz and one of the downhill race series' I do locally are on trails that don't necessarily need more travel. This bike is perfect for what it will be used for. It can climb and is also totally flickable going down. I will be picking up a Tomac Primer 220 for shredding the gnar later on.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
Very, very nice.

I'm looking forward to your ride report.
I'll be in the market this spring for a similarly built bike.
My current options are the Trans - Covert, Ventana - Ciclon, Turner - Spot, and now this.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Are those Gravity or Gravity Lights?

Sweet bikey Josh...
Updated the post - Gravity Lights =]

And thanks everyone! It sure is sexy.

As for the bash, really, I don't know. I had some cheap aluminum work done a few years ago. I don't really know what the polycarbonate goes for.

J-Dubs, this thing is sick. For sure something to consider.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Alright, finally got out for a full day of riding today!

I cannot say anything bad about this bike. It climbs great and is even more fun coming downhill. The trails today were perfect. It hasn't rained since last week so the trails were super tacky. This bike loved the fast and tight corners and hauled ass out of them. The pedally downhill parts were quite nice as well.

I put a shorter stem on the bike which really helped make it more suitable for the local trails and made it fit my riding style a little more.

Considering today was its maiden voyage, I only ran into one small issue. After my first run I needed to adjust the psi on the rear shock and it was ready to go.

Final word, this bike does exactly what the guys at Tomac said it would as well as what all the good reviews have said. Seriously a solid, fast bike. Best purchase of 2007 for me by far.

Questions, comments?

EDIT - The final build weight came to 30lbs even. If I feel the need to I will lighten it more. But as of right now, this bike is totally tits!

After ride photo (note the rm sticker):

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I did Airborne for the last run of the day and it did really well. For those of you who do not know the trail, it is a very steep trail with lots of switchbacks, narrow sections, has a couple nice g-outs, and some rough higher speed sections. The bike was very easy to keep under control and performed incredibly well in the technical sections.

I haven't taken it on DC or Twister yet, but I should get a chance to in the weeks to come if the rain lets up a bit. I don't want to mess up the trails. =]

I am also still just coming back from the shoulder surgery, so I haven't been hitting any of the big jumps yet. But I can only assume this thing will be a lot of fun.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i'd say there are a couple easy areas to lighten it upa tiny bit, but i recall drooling over that thing when i saw you in pacifica. my ideas for lightening it are a sunline v1 all mountain stem and thomson post. a new seat would help too, but that's going to sacrifice comfort a little i'm guessing.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I am planning on getting the Primer in anno black. =]

Thanks guys. I love this thing. Can't thank Joel at Tomac enough for getting me set up.