Quantcast

My new urban bike...

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
... 08 Triumph Street Triple

Ya, its a little heavy for getting those big hops, but its pretty quick :biggrin:

Just thought I would share with you guys. It really rounded out my garage.

I always have had a thing for chi-chi levers, had to spring for these

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Well, its no Tonic or Terribleone, but at least the brand starts with a "T" ;)

Thanks guys. V, I've been in the same boat since I was in HS, finally at 28 I got it done.

Moto's are fun, different, but fun. My wife said she thought I'd probably give up riding after I got it, but there is still something about flowing trails or a park that is more fun the twisting a throttle. I'll keep the pedal bikes, too.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
I'm in the same boat. I wanted one since high school but haven't pulled the trigger yet at 30 yrs old. I even went out last year and went through the safety coarse just so i would have my license for when I decide to go for the throttle.

good looking bike man, I'm into the whole naked street look as well. looks strong.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Thanks jasride, getting married was the clincher for me. Got some bills out of the way and wanted to get established early incase we have kids (motos seem to be out of the question AFTER that, or so I've noticed).

I took the class as well and very glad I did. Its different then pedal bikes, but things like balance, weighting, and braking translate well. Its just a matter of getting used to throwing throttle in instead of the pedals.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Its my first bike as well. Insurance and riding position kept me away from the Daytona (my insurance company doesn't cover anything with a faring). I like the motocross bars, upright sitting, not as glitzy, but still sporty, and as mentioned before, tougher looking. Its got plenty of power if you crank your wrist, but its really light (with the exhaust its around 350lbs) and low enough to control. I dig it.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Ya, its got a really LOOOONG back end, can't seem to get the thing off the ground (now in the wheelie department I understand the front end is especially light but I haven't tested that yet.

Looping out going 15mph or under on a bike that weighs 25lbs and costs $1500, I can handle that. Looping out going 30-50+mph on a bike that weighs 350lbs and costs over $10,000, I need to get a lot better before I tackle that one.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
sick ride, my bro has the daytona and it is awesome. I'm more a fan of the speed triple but anything triumph is just pure sex

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
wow. awesome ride. Ever seen a yamaha MT-01? Eyed up a few of those over in Japan... another semi-naked cafe style bike...

I just went out to Laconia, NH a little over a month ago, put on just over 2000mi in 5 days on my bike with a couple of buddies. My azz is still sore!!! ouch.
...and damn there were some sick bikes out there for that rally. One that really stuck out in my mind was one I immediately spotted in a group of supermoto junkies... it was a Ducati Hypermotard, all flat black, first one I've ever seen in person. I'm typically not a big Duc fan (yuppie stereotype around here), but that thing was a frickin' weapon!
And speaking of wheelies, can you believe there were some burly dudes out there who were popping wheelies on harleys! They smelled like piss and vinegar, and looked even worse, but damn, a wheelie on an HD! haha... I love anything with wheels.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
That Yamaha is pretty crazy, are they even out yet? Actually, the Duc was one of my options on what to get, but my nearest dealer is over 2 hours away and that didn't seem like the best setup. They are so sweet looking, especially in the black. I actually really dig the whole Motard thing. KTM, Aprilia, and even Honda have some sweet options out there (and the Honda is just over $6000 I believe). Someday maybe I'll go that direction with a motocross bike and just have 2 sets of tires, but for right now I'll stick with my Triumph.

I've seen some of the Harleys on one wheel as well, that is nuts. I don't think your gonna pull that off with a stock setup, thats gonna take a lot of grunt and muscle and some strength not to fall over once the darn thing is up.

Anyway, like you said, I love anything with wheels as well, good stuff.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
The dude I went 4wheeling with today was in the process of selling his Ducati. It had those same levers - they looked sweet in person. I don't know crap about motor bikes but was impress with the Ducati.

The Triumph is very sweet too. My buddy has a vintage Triumph - I think it's a '74. A few old BMX'er buds have motor bikes too - you can see pic of K (Kazcur) on FBM's site from time to time:

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Ya, the FBM guys are definitely down with motorcycles. Last winter/early spring they did a road trip on their motos with bikes, pretty cool (literally and ...).

On that note, other then Johnny racks does anyone know a motorcycle bike rack company? It sure would save money on going to the trails if I don't use my Jeep.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Looping out going 30-50+mph on a bike that weighs 350lbs and costs over $10,000, I need to get a lot better before I tackle that one.
You paid over 10K for that?! Wow, those are some chi-chi expensive upgrades to rack up the extra 2K over retail on the Street! That puts the Street in the Speed price range!

That white looks so awesome, you don't see many white bikes. And I bet that exhaust sounds so good. The Daytona 675 I rode had a can on it and it was the most wonderful sound I've ever heard from a bike. The bike was appealing just on the noise alone! Looking forward to riding with you sometime brah!

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
You paid over 10K for that?! Wow, those are some chi-chi expensive upgrades to rack up the extra 2K over retail on the Street! That puts the Street in the Speed price range!
Ya, stuffs expensive. $1200 for exhaust, $600 for the hugger, cowl, and belly pan, and then $350 more for the sliders and levers. Tack on Anna and my helmets and two jackets and I payed between 12-13K (lol, I will have payed back the bank, I should say).

I could have had a street, that was my original plan, but I opted to the upgraded Striple so I could have a lighter, and technically less powered bike, with the chi-chi bits.

Last edited:

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
Give me 14 days and I'll have something "rad" to show off ;)

But congrats on the triple. Those bitches scream. Ride great, too! Threw a leg over a friends, once upon a time... He later crashed it and the thing got totaled. Hopefully that shant be happening to you