Quantcast

my new web site

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Is your photo window a 'percentage-of-frame' or 'percentage-of-page'? The photo is showing up on my little (secondary) monitor with scroll bars.

Anyway, quit nitpickin' Doug. Nice! Looking forward to the content.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Geez...the guy wins a photo contest on a website and all of a sudden he has his own webpage - with one whole picture on it!!! WTF??? Better enjoy his company before he becomes too popular to hang out with us mere mortals. ;)

Seriously though...looking good for the initial stages - get more pics up there, buddy!:thumb:

slim

Chimp
May 24, 2007
Seattle
The reason the scrollies are there has to do with the javascript file located @ plugins/albums/slideshow/openslideshow.js.

If you look in that file and change just one word of code, you can get rid of em:

Code:
// Open slideshow window/url:
  var slideWindow = window.open(_slideShowURL,"wst_slideshow",
    "scrollbars=yes,titlebar=no,location=no,status=no,toolbar=no,resizable=yes,width=" + 
    winWidth + ",height=" + winHeight);
  slideWindow.focus();
just change the part where it says scrollbars=yes to scrollbars=no they'll go away, but you will have to make sure that your images are always a safe size for ANY monitor. The image you have up now is way bigger than 'safe'. safe would be a max height of say, 500px, but that would suck for displaying pics.

It actually doesn't matter what size monitor you have at present, the scroll bars will always be there....... anyway, nice start on a site, post more pics! i'm not sure that you'll have access to the JS source file using WebSite Tonight, but even if you do, it's probably safer to just leave the scrollies in place, or you could end up with a mess on your hands pretty easily.