Quantcast

my new wheelset. PINK!

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
How is the quality? I am putting together a budget Fixie and am considering ordering wheels from NYC Bikes.

ini88

Chimp
Feb 4, 2005
Queens, NY
they were the nicest people to deal with. i called up to see what they had, and they said they already have them build. so they shipped them the next day. the quality is great. i looked the wheels over and found nothing wrong with them at all. all the spokes were tight and **** was straight. i ride the streets in NYC, and if you know how those streets are you know these wheels have taken some big hits over the last couple weeks. they are still strong

"New York, NY. Named twice, Paved Once"

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
ini88 said:
"New York, NY. Named twice, Paved Once"
UhOh, don't ley Hooples the Asphalt guy catch you saying that!

Oh, and I'll second the NYC bike props. Will (owner) is a nice guy & a good wrench. Funky little shop too, if you ever get a chance to go in & check it out.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Mackie said:
UhOh, don't ley Hooples the Asphalt guy catch you saying that!

Oh, and I'll second the NYC bike props. Will (owner) is a nice guy & a good wrench. Funky little shop too, if you ever get a chance to go in & check it out.
hey!! I try I try!! I blame it on all the truck traffic

ini88

Chimp
Feb 4, 2005
Queens, NY
hey Hooples sorry about saying that about NY....it was actually a billboard i saw for some Nissan SUV like 3 years ago. the lines stuck with me!

Nic_A

Chimp
Jun 25, 2004
I was checking out your very nice pink hoops...and my wife walks by and pushes me out of the way...looks at your pics, then looks me dead straight in my eyes and says..."I want some pink wheels for my bike, Nic."

The pink looks awesome!

ini88

Chimp
Feb 4, 2005
Queens, NY
the pink is hot I have to admit. I was a bit nervous when I got them in but after putting the Contis on and putting them onto the all black bike, it made them pop real nice. I saw a messenger the other day come into a bike shop with green ones.

I just like the idea of a sleek all black bike with some flare on the wheels. they look real nice when they are spinning around NYC streets. they are def head stoppers!

thanks!