Quantcast

My New Whip

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
LordOpie said:
You must live in a reasonably priced neighborhood, cuz I can't imagine there's a car out there that costs more than the outrageous home prices here :mumble:
maybe you live in a tony part of town.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
SkaredShtles said:
You seem to actually be getting more unintelligible. Are you drunk? :)
how is this unclear, i'm saying a real european super has its peak output at a high rpm, not the low rpm peak output that the mercedes has. They are also naturally aspirated, again the mercedes is not. I then provided specific numbers to back up my claim, i'm sorry if you do not understand my shorthand, but 612, 430 are ferrari models, look them up if you are so inclined

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
gemini2k said:
i'm saying that 6500 is low to high your peak power output. Did you read my post right?
How am I supposed to know if I read it right when you write things like that?

You claimed that "a true european super car like a porsche ferrari lambo, etc. are designed around a high rpm, lower displacement engine."

That's incorrect, and more proof of your lack of understanding.

For instance, a Carrera GT has a 5.7 liter engine. Not "lower displacement" by any rational measure.

Max rpms on a 911 Turbo are 6,500. Max rpms on a GT2 are 6,750. Not high rpm by any rational measure.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
alright maybe i was off with my porsche comparison, but i have since backed it up with other real numbers, my apologies.

Post script
when i'm unclear, be specific, like your recent post. Don't just attack me

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
gemini2k said:
how is this unclear, i'm saying a real european super has its peak output at a high rpm, not the low rpm peak output that the mercedes has. They are also naturally aspirated, again the mercedes is not.
Bummer about the Porsche 959, GT1, etc...

This just gets better and better.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
gemini2k said:
alright maybe i was off with my porsche comparison, but i have since backed it up with other real numbers, my apologies.

Post script
when i'm unclear, be specific, like your recent post. Don't just attack me
I'm telling you clearly... you will not have a reasonable, fun, intelligent conversation in this thread as you've already annoyed everyone who would've enjoyed such a conversation by saying...

gemini2k said:
that car ****ing blows, it's for tasteless people who know nothing of cars.
Next time, maybe, ya know, don't start off with such a dickish comment and you'll get the discussion you're looking for?

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
gemini2k said:
alright maybe i was off with my porsche comparison,
Maybe? Defiinitely.

Just as you were way off with your comments about the SLR on the track, it being an "old man's car," "poseur car," etc., etc.

At least you're being consistently "off. "

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
sorry about this dickish comment, I forgot that most people would disagree with me, i'll admit my view on this may seem odd.

and "justsomeguy" I already admitted a made a mistake with the porsche example, yet you brought it back up?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
gemini2k said:
how is this unclear, i'm saying a real european super has its peak output at a high rpm, not the low rpm peak output that the mercedes has. They are also naturally aspirated, again the mercedes is not.
By "real" you mean being like everyone else?

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
gemini2k said:
and "justsomeguy" I already admitted a made a mistake with the porsche example, yet you brought it back up?
Why do you assume that I read your half-assed admission before I made my post about the 959 and GT1?

(I didn't read it BTW)

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
LordOpie said:
it's all good, we forgive you. I mean, you can't help it, you're from Bloomington ;) :D
not from bloomington thank god, only go to school there. I'm from wheaton, although thats probably not much better. At least i'm not some fundamental christian.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
justsomeguy said:
Why do you assume that I read your half-assed admission before I made my post about the 959 and GT1?

(I didn't read it BTW)

So people are accusing me of being more or less idiotic when they don't even read my arguments? :help:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
gemini2k said:
So people are accusing me of being more or less idiotic when they don't even read my arguments? :help:
Your comment in your first post put you firmly in the idiot column. You have quite unsuccessfully been trying to get into some other column for awhile now...............

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
gemini2k said:
I already admitted a made a mistake with the porsche example, yet you brought it back up?
Just start using this :banghead:

Everything will begin to make sense then.

So I'm lost, what car is this? Those red bucket seats look amazing.

However I'm not sure where one would attach a bike rack.

The Ito

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
gemini2k said:
No, people are proving that you're more or less idiotic.

Of course I read it, that's why I quoted it in my reply that you were whining about. I read it and replied before your half-assed admission though...

Really, do you need a flow chart drawn in crayon in order to follow along?

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Isn't this the kind of Benz that the owner of an Ferrari (F50?) and a mystery German were racing and the Ferrari got wrapped around a tree?

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
moff_quigley said:
Isn't this the kind of Benz that the owner of an Ferrari (F50?) and a mystery German were racing and the Ferrari got wrapped around a tree?
It was an Enzo. The owner claimed that "Dietrich" was racing an SLR (car in pics) when the crash occured. It's a story that just gets crazier and crazier (Swedish mafia, his wife's SLR just got reposessed, etc.)

Google "Enzo crash" for many news accounts of the "truth is stranger than fiction" story.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
justsomeguy said:
It was an Enzo. The owner claimed that "Dietrich" was racing an SLR (car in pics) when the crash occured. It's a story that just gets crazier and crazier (Swedish mafia, his wife's SLR just got reposessed, etc.)

Google "Enzo crash" for many news accounts of the "truth is stranger than fiction" story.
Wait, didn't he claim that Dietrich was driving the enzo (driver 1's) and that Driver 1 was actually in the passenger? Then his blood on the airbag gave him away or something?

Isn't Dietrich the guy in the Porsche in super troopers? I'd imagine he looks like a Dietrich.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
justsomeguy said:
You claimed that "a true european super car like a porsche, ferrari lambo, etc. are designed around a high rpm, lower displacement engine."
He must be referring to Hondas with the low dispalcement comment. We all know those JDM <2L engines carry enough power to smoke anything, and at such high rpms you can hear them from a mile away therefore scaring the competition into forfeiting. And because he made the error in the Porsche figures, we can assume he must really have wanted to write japanese super car instead; all Americans know that's how you get street cred. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :weee: :p :p ;)

:nonono: (yes I'm kidding :p )

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Who really cares???

After all, all a car really does is get you from Point A to Point B... and the speed limits are pretty much set at 75 mph max.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
N8 said:
Who really cares???

After all, all a car really does is get you from Point A to Point B... and the speed limits are pretty much set at 75 mph max.
The same thing could be said of bikes. All they do is get you from point A to point B, so why not just buy something from Walmart?

Since when does a speed limit have an absolute bearing on how fast you can go?