Quantcast

My new work truck.................and my deeohdubblegeez

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
here's a pic of my new work ride, I'm actually excited about taking it to work(5+ miles one way) and getting some exercise and getting rid of my lately acquired double chin

and a couple of my dogs whilst working on the ride in the yard :D :D :D

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
K, I made my first commute on it this morning. Nice pleasant drive, and it holds everything that I need it to. Took about 20 minutes, but that's with my slow, fat ass driving it and traffic was great. Plus, Bartlesville is a very bike friendly community with a whole trail system, The Pathfinder Parkway, that is something in the neighborhood of 20 miles of paved walking/biking trails that spider thru the whole town. All in all, a nice morning. I feel really good and awake too, and I cut my dependence on oil, which is kind of ironic, since I work for a major oil production company :)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Cooter Brown said:
K, I made my first commute on it this morning. Nice pleasant drive, and it holds everything that I need it to. Took about 20 minutes, but that's with my slow, fat ass driving it and traffic was great. Plus, Bartlesville is a very bike friendly community with a whole trail system, The Pathfinder Parkway, that is something in the neighborhood of 20 miles of paved walking/biking trails that spider thru the whole town. All in all, a nice morning. I feel really good and awake too, and I cut my dependence on oil, which is kind of ironic, since I work for a major oil production company :)
Haha you're lucky really. i've often thought of how cool that would be, but i got tools to pack to jobs and the work site changes alot, and are usually far enough away. Driving into Seattle just about every early morning i do see quite a bit of people cycling to work, it's pretty popular, especially since it saves these guys dough on parking fees.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Coot -

ive been riding my DH bike to work (5 miles each way) and often taking the long way home via the local ASS trail where all the hotties run after work (at least an extra 5 miles going that way). it's a great ride and really look forward to it. Plus, i get to park my baby right next to me at my desk all day long!

joel

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
yeah, I'm pretty jazzed about it. I used to have to ride to work, not this far, but then I had to ride 11 miles, one way, across town to go to DUI school 2 nights a week and I got in probably the best shape that I have ever been in. The good thing too, is I don't have to ride, and can still drive if it's raining or something, but since my old truck gets a healthy 6 mpg, I'm gonna be road hoggin on this bad boy every chance I get

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Jimmy_Pop said:
Coot -

ive been riding my DH bike to work (5 miles each way) and often taking the long way home via the local ASS trail where all the hotties run after work (at least an extra 5 miles going that way). it's a great ride and really look forward to it. Plus, i get to park my baby right next to me at my desk all day long!

joel

heh, that's cool. so do you throw on all your pads and full face? :D

it's funny, cuz I had to wear my skate helmet in this morning because it's the smallest helmet I have. pretty funny sight though, had my clip pedals and shoes on, baggy shorts and my sk8 helmet on that big ol touring bike :D

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Jimmy_Pop said:
Coot -

joel
Is it really called the ass trail or do you just call it that cuz of the hotties? I t's funny if it's real. :)