Quantcast

My newest creation (bike), with pictures.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I posted about this a day or two ago. My friend and I decided to combime our spare parts and make a bike, just for fun. I like it because it has a small frame. I just wish I had a shorter stem, and rear disc brakes... any rear brake would be nice.
So, if you have anything you wanna get rid of for free and live near me, let me know. I want a better fork (stronger and taller) and frame, maybe.

So here it is, a 1998 Schwinn Mesa with 2000 Judy XC. :cool:

I need to make the chain tighter (it is a singlespeed), do a bit of random work here and there, patch the tubes (both have slow leaks) and put on a new rear tire, as that one scrapes the frame (it's a 2.4").

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That's cool! A taller fork would be a bad idea. Look at the HA. You don't want it to end up like your enduro, do you?

I think you need a shorter fork. A ridgid fork would be fun.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
TheInedibleHulk said:
That's the biggest piece of sh1t Ive ever seen. Would be a perfect lake jump bike though.
Hahahahaha. Believe it or not we have a better (worse) bike for that. This bike is actually not bad to ride, just for fun, not caring what we do to it. Actually, a friend of mine took the dock jumping bike and used it as a dirt jumper one time, and it worked ok, except it had no brakes.:rolleyes:

Second, I never had an enduro, I had a rockhopper, and THAT was a chopper - this bike is nothing compared to it.

Now there is a blast from the past...:rofl: Oh look... it's the same wheels on this bike as on the Schwinn...

It's a parts bike, just to have for the fun of it. We may change it. The only rigid fork we have is a threaded one.... :eek: Also, if we get a new frame more capable for a bigger fork, that will be nice, and a better fork. Then it will be a semi-decent beater bike. :)