Quantcast

My night went good to terrible.

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
I'm going to visit my brother tonight and some f*$^er in a limited edition WRX merged into my lane. I moved on to the shoulder and then I loose control of my car. I end up hitting a ditch and it caused the car to flip on it's roof. Thankfully I'm alive with no injures. The wagon only had 3000 miles on it.

Before

After

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
Was everyone in the car ok? Now that I asked that, go kick some ass.... seriously, beat teh shiet out of the mutha f-er that caused that to happen.

*I just saw the part when you said, "Thankfully I'm live with no injures."*

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Glad you're alright... what's going to happen w/ insurance? Did you get the guy in the WRX's plates or did he stop?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Glad to here you're OK:thumb: Looks like you were in the right car for that to happen, Volvo's are built VERY well. Thank god you weren't driving one of those flimsy Toyota hybrids that robdamanii thinks everyone sould be driving.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Thats too bad, car accidents are scary and they change the way you drive, glad your okay

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Man that's too bad. :( Nice to see you're okay though. I'm assuming insurance from either him/you will deal with this? Hopefully at least?

Did the guy at least stop and see if you were alright?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

good to hear you're alright man

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
That sucks sooo bad. If I had a car anywhere near that nice, I would never drive anywhere. Glad to hear you're ok. You only get to die once, might as well be either on the bike, or in some non-anonymous, completely amazing way. And that would not be a car crash.

p.s. Were any mountain bikes damaged in this accident?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
dwaugh said:
What kind was it? I haven't seen that model before.
Looks like the XC 90. Partsbara has the XC 70. Very nice pieces of machinery.
Edit- looking at the pic again properly it's clear I have no idea what I'm talking about.;) My apologies. Carry on.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
I pretty much did the same thing to my civic, but it was my fault for missing the turn, then oversteered in the dirt and somehow ended up onto to road upside down. my and my friend were fine, but i had never been in a car crash b4 and it was pretty trippy

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
valve bouncer said:
Looks like the XC 90. Partsbara has the XC 70. Very nice pieces of machinery.
Edit- looking at the pic again properly it's clear I have no idea what I'm talking about.;) My apologies. Carry on.
looking at the pic's address you might notice the V50 in the path ;)

sorry to hear about the car. did the WRX driver stop?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Toshi said:
looking at the pic's address you might notice the V50 in the path ;)

sorry to hear about the car. did the WRX driver stop?
Yeah, that's what I did...that one looked a little different to the v50 I see here....anyway as for WRX drivers, we all know what those bastards are like.:blah: :p ;):)

J

JRB

Some genius in a Honda Pilot just smoked the brakes to turn this morning. From 75 to 20 in an instant. He did signal though. :rolleyes: If someone had been coming, I would not be here right now. Glad you are ok, CF.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
SkaredShtles said:
Note to self: Never try to get out of the way of some a$$hat merging into my lane...............

Sideswipes are better than getting flipped on your lid. :eek:

One of many lessons my Dad taught me when I was learning to drive: "Sometimes it's best to just let the dumbass hit you." he said.

Glad you are all right carbon.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
loco said:
Some genius in a Honda Pilot just smoked the brakes to turn this morning. From 75 to 20 in an instant. He did signal though. :rolleyes: If someone had been coming, I would not be here right now. Glad you are ok, CF.
If you had been maintaining proper following distance you wouldn't have had to perform an emergency maneuver. ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
If you had been maintaining proper following distance you wouldn't have had to perform an emergency maneuver. ;)

Loco wasn't tailgating, probably just not paying attention. Either talking on the cell phone or putting on his makeup.

J

JRB

Westy said:
Loco wasn't tailgating, probably just not paying attention. Either talking on the cell phone or putting on his makeup.
Actually - no phone. Just driving along, listening to AC/DC. No makeup today. I didn't even iron.

J

JRB

Westy said:
And singing to road kill....

And getting peed on.......

Sorry Loco, it hasn't gotten old quite yet.
Maybe someone could search for the loco-gringo sign on and add to my Giant Reign questions. :think: