Quantcast

My NS Suburban is pretty much done.

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal

I weighed it in at the bike shop at 22.4 lbs yesterday so im super stoked on that. The geo of the frame has been amazing and I really like my build. Only thing I want to change is im not sure I'm 100% liking the bars and I want a 36 float since the pargyle I had died and I hate the rigid.

specs as of now:
Frame: NS suburban 2008
Fork: DMR Trailblade 2
Rims: Mavic 721
Front hub: Profile 20mm brakeless red
Rear hub: Profile 12t red
Tires: small block 8
Seat: Federal Slim SL Pivotal (white) (drilled and gutted internals)
Seat Post: Poverty Alloy Pivotal w/ shim(cut/drilled)
Headset: Chris King 1 1/8 Headset (black)
Stem: Blk Mrkt Underboss
Bars: deity twenty 14
Brake: juicy 7 w/ v5 rotor
Chain: KMC K710SL hollow pin
Cranks: Profile race (white) w/ titanium axle
Sprocket: 26t Tree Bikes Splined drive (black) (26:12gear ratio)
Pedals: Odyssey plastic (black) (metal pins)

custom stuff:

metal pins in plastic pedals:

Cut/drilled:

Shaved off brake tabs:

I hate this fork, cant wait to get a 36

What you guys think?

kicksnlicks

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
She's a beauty!

That being said, let me get this straight... you shaved off the brake mounts, decimating the resale value, yet you're planning to swap for a 36 ASAP?

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
She's a beauty!

That being said, let me get this straight... you shaved off the brake mounts, decimating the resale value, yet you're planning to swap for a 36 ASAP?
Thanks! I'm pretty set on keeping the rigid as a back up since I've already busted 3 suspension forks in the past year haha.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Why do you hate the trailblade? Just because its rigid?
I've got one I need to decide whether to run or not, and will be shaving the tabs off too, haha.

The bike looks sweet, my new (used) Capital frame came in today, I'll hopefully have some pichahs up soon.

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
First off, niiiice build. How do you like the splined chain wheel, any noticeable difference?
Bike's got alot of money in it...

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Why do you hate the trailblade? Just because its rigid?
I've got one I need to decide whether to run or not, and will be shaving the tabs off too, haha.
The bike looks sweet, my new (used) Capital frame came in today, I'll hopefully have some pichahs up soon.
thanks. Ya not so much the fact that its rigid but is weighs about 1 lb more then a lot of other rigid forks on the market and 20 mm ones too, the paint job is stupid I think I'm going to paint it soon since I shaved off the tabs I dont want it to rust. But also the axle system is retarded you have to undo 6 bolts just to take the wheel off and the threads arent machined proporly so its kinda sketchy. Also theres a few rocks or pieces of metal bouncing around in the tubes I can't seem to get out. haha

First off, niiiice build. How do you like the splined chain wheel, any noticeable difference?
Bike's got alot of money in it...
Thanks, haha ya it does. All I have to say is the sprocket is AMAZING, very happy with it. Its a lot less tight spot in the chain, but still a very small amount. Hard to tell becasue I also got a new hub too but so far no problems.

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Getting a Float, Nick?
When you pick up your Pargyle from Igz' house you should go check out Cob's.
Yeah Guy just told me that that they cant fix it so hes going to give me the money back and I think I'm going to pick up a float. I went there once but didnt ride it looks awsome!