Quantcast

My old bike...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Old bike? Didn't you build that up like 6 months ago? Or am I just that old and forgetful now?
Built it new last summer. So I guess it's really not "old". My new ride does everything that one did just as well, plus it climbs, handles better, is full tubeless, and is a bit lighter... no need to keep the BMC around anymore.

Need to throw new cables and housing on it tonight to make sure it's shifting like buttah for the buyer.

Hopefully it will fetch $1200-$1400 to offset the price of the Epic.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's what I thought, makes sense to me. I average a bike a year, so anything that I've had for 6 months is "old" :rofl:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
That's what I thought, makes sense to me. I average a bike a year, so anything that I've had for 6 months is "old" :rofl:
Thats right... In with the new, out with the slightly used.

Really though. That BMC got about 2 years worth of riding in 1 year... In the year I had it went through 1 fork (blow out), 2 Middle Rings (worn out), a cassette/chain (worn out), 4 sets of cables and housings, a set of brakes and a set of pedals (disintegration)... yes... Bobba fett didnt obey the rules set forth by darth vader and my pedals died.

I actually expected to need to replace the BB at some point cuz Westy told me how bad the X-Drives were, but it's still as smooth as ever.