Quantcast

My Outlook Express is totally f*cked.

sub6

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
williamsburg, va
This suddenly started happening last night; I cannot figure out what might have caused it, but:

When I open Outlook Express, I get the following error - "Msimn has caused an error in MSOE.DLL. Msimn will now close. If you continue experiencing problems, try restarting your computer" End of story. Can't open the program, either online or off. I tried re-installing Windows, no dice. Obviously, rebooting does absolutely no good.

I have Windows ME, IE/OE 6. The problem came up out of the blue.

Any suggestions? There's a lot of email messages in there I need to respond to......

I'd appreciate any help ya'll could give me...

goosemagoo

Chimp
May 21, 2002
Virginia Beach, VA
there is a limit to the size of the folders in OE. I can't remember how big but it's pretty huge, a gig or something like that. I don't know if that is the problem but if you have saved TONS of large emails then it might be the problem. There is a work around but I'd have to do some searching to find it.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Try reinstalling IE6, make sure to do the complete install so that OE is also included. I am not sure but there may also be a repair option when you do the install that could help.

sub6

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
williamsburg, va
Originally posted by Tenchiro
Try reinstalling IE6, make sure to do the complete install so that OE is also included. I am not sure but there may also be a repair option when you do the install that could help.
It won't do it - just gets most of the way thru the installation, then says "Some components could not be installed. Run setup again." Obviously running it again doesn't work.

Crap. I DON'T want to nuke my hard drive and start over.

Goose - I don't have too much in there; maybe 25MB total.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
If ME has the disk claenup tool try that, it should clear out any exraneous e-mail, like stuff in the sent items or deleted items folders.