Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Frame: 06 giant faith medium, 17inch. putty gray
Shock: dhx 4.0 450lbs sping
rear axle: azonic recoil (7050 al) with alloy nuts
Fork: Travis triple intrinsic 06, ti sping
Headset: pig dh pro by FSA (deep cup)
Stem: holzfeller 60mm
Bars: deity 31.8 710mm uncut (soon to be 35mm rise holzfeller)
Grips: ruffian
Brakes: hayes hfx-9 with 8 inch rotors. (Soon to be the new 08 xt's)
Shifter: alivio (the only one that i found for 8 speed)
Rear derailleur: Shimano LX short cage. it sucks! (getting a x9 asap)
Cassette: XT 8speed. 11-28 hard to find and i live it!!!
chain:hg 73
Chainguide: E13 rules!!!
Chainring: E13 guidering 38t rules!
Bottom braket: FSA 83mm, platinum dh pro ISIS
Cranks: hussfelt isis 170mm they suck and heavy. (need something lite)
Pedals: Azonic A frame i love them.
Seat: Demolition F1. ligth and cool
Seatpost: Diaboluous 30.9 it is bad ass
Rear wheel: Azonic recoil hub laced with dt spokes to a 36 holes EX 729. (strongest wheel eva)
Front: Generic (formula) black hub laced with dt spokes to a sun S-type MTX.
Tires: Front: kenda blue groove single ply 2,5
Rear: Bontrager big earl 2,5 dual ply
Tubes: kenda 2,35 (they are light)

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Never feelt the need to flip the links. The bike is low and slack enought for me and the terrain that i ride. Riding rocky courses i bent a set of hussefelt 175mm craks cuz is too low , now im on 170mm and it is perfect. I never otugh tat 5mm would make so much diff.
thanks for the props

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Thats what I figured but patagonia is like half the country. I ask cause I'm going to be there in a month or so, probably hanging around Bariloche, and I'd love to get clued in to some good riding while I'm there.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Where are you located?
I live in a town called Esquel in the Chubut province.
It is 300km to the south from Bariloche. but I ride in the hole Anidina region.

I would suggest a road trip incluiding (from north to south): San Martin de los andes, Villa la Angostura (the DH-4X argentinan open is held in there 24-25feb), then Bariloche, Bolson, Esquel.
I got some North-american friends living in Bolson. They shuttle in Piltri mountain almost every day (8minutes dh course). My friend name is Shea. contact him at sheabiker@hotmail.com

cheers

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Cool man, we haven't really pinned down the dates yet and my lady is more interested in riding horses than bikes but I imagine I'll get a day of shuttling in there somewhere. Gonna have to rent a bike which blows. What should I expect to pay to for a rental/guide in the Bariloche area?

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Dude my friend got a big portion of land, and his father had recently finshed building a lodge there. He has some horses for rent too and the wildest mountain to ride them too.
Bikes for rent..... only in bariloche.... i think they got UMF freddys in catedral ski center. Dont know how much they charge for them but im sure is less than 25 dollas daily.
cheers!
my mail is : mongiafer@hotmail.com anything that you need to know drop me an email.