Quantcast

My Personal Hell

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had to get gas this morning and 'pay at the pump' wasn't working. Forced to go inside the gas station I was horrified to hear Aerosmith playing in the background. I immediately wanted to run but I had to pay for the gas I pumped. I tried to ignore the ****ty music, I put my fingers in my ears but nothing could get that horrible screeching out of my head. I started to panic, I was sweating profusely and twitching like a electrocuted tweaker. The attendant must have thought I was about to rob the place. Finally the transaction was complete and I ran out as fast as I could. I really felt the need to go home and shower but I was late for work.

In my personal hell Aerosmith is playing on a continuous loop.

What seemingly innocuous experience would make you prefer death?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Any time someone starts telling me about a dream they had, I immediately start looking for a weapon to kill them with. Can't stand it and I have no idea why. Maybe because it's always a bunch of nonsense that I dont care about because it never even happened and never has a point.

Also that conversation that people have that goes something like "You call it Pop? It's called Coke/Soda dummy".
Are you f*cking serious? How many times have you had this conversation? Have you yet to realize that things might be referred to differently on a regional basis? STFU!

Edit: Also, any time people start talking ABOUT facebook. Are you kidding me? You waste your entire life on facebook, then you actually go out and do something and what do you choose to talk about? What so and so said or did on facebook. STFU! Or, "hey why dont you have a facebook page?"
How about because Im not a narcissistic douche who needs the gratification of his life being some kind of reality show where everyone knows exactly what he does at every moment of every day?

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Listening to people explaining the inspiration behind their ****ty tattoos really gets to me. It means you are shallow and have bad taste.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Listening to people explaining the inspiration behind their ****ty tattoos really gets to me. It means you are shallow and have bad taste.
Or likewise, the question "So what's the meaning behind that tattoo?"

Meaning? B*tch I got a tattoo of a taco because I like tacos. STFU!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I used to drink heavily and kill homeless people for sport.

I still do that, but I blog about it now.
Don't forget posting self portraits of you over their bodies on FB.

I do wonder though.
Oh wait, I know, they did coke. Lots and lots of coke.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
When pay at the pump isn't working, I get back in and go somewhere else. The times I have been into the stores that I usually get gas, usually for milk or some other crap, they stink like all Hell! I guess Hell is inevitable, you try and avoid it or prolong it, but you will eventually burn!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I had a dream where I wished there was a button that allowed me to "like" this thread on facebook. But there was no button so I "liked" Aerosmith instead.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
You know what I hate in bodegas?

When the spilled soda has gone under the counters and such and not been cleaned up. That rotten soda smell is disgusting and makes me gag. I'll turn and walk out if I smell it.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
And Aerosmith kicks ass, by the way. I could probably pretend I hate them so a few people would think I'm cool, but that just sounds like work.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
thanks now I'm hungry for taco's and soda pop... and have sweet emotions running through my head! I FVCKING HATE THAT SONG! :bangshead:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
When pay at the pump isn't working, I get back in and go somewhere else. The times I have been into the stores that I usually get gas, usually for milk or some other crap, they stink like all Hell! I guess Hell is inevitable, you try and avoid it or prolong it, but you will eventually burn!
This. Technology has made it so that I don't HAVE to interact with people anymore. No more interaction with tollbooth operators thanks to EZ-pass. Self-scanners at the grocery store/home depot. Pay-at-the-pump at every single gas station. Ordering products online.

It's gotten to the point that when I have to actually deal with someone, it's like my personal space is being violated. "NO I DON'T CARE TO HAVE A MEANINGLESS CONVERSATION WITH YOU MS 16-YEAR-OLD-PREGNANT-CASHIER GIRL! I'M ONLY HERE BECAUSE THE SELF-SCANNER IS BROKEN, SO SCAN MY ITEMS, ACCEPT MY MONEY, AND LET ME GET THE EFF OUT OF HERE!!"

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
Do you ever go to a grocery store and realize that everybody is walking around like media-fed zombies? They look like they are trying to remember what their TVs told them to like.

One time I heard Black Sabbath in Safeway.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Any time someone starts telling me about a dream they had, I immediately start looking for a weapon to kill them with. Can't stand it and I have no idea why. Maybe because it's always a bunch of nonsense that I dont care about because it never even happened and never has a point.
?
You and I must be long lost twins. Nothing pisses me off more than the first-thing-in-the-morning lecture about fantasy-land from some pair of ovaries with feet sitting next to me at the breakfast table. Particularly the "you cheated on me in my dream" speech, followed up with "that is why I'm in a bad mood."

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
@mandown: That's why you don't spend the night.
Sometimes you are stuck with it when you live with / are married to /are related to her. At that hour of the morning, I usually haven't made the decision to not kill myself yet, so pushing me toward do-it-land only increases the odds of me bringing you along for the ride :weee:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You and I must be long lost twins. Nothing pisses me off more than the first-thing-in-the-morning lecture about fantasy-land from some pair of ovaries with feet sitting next to me at the breakfast table. Particularly the "you cheated on me in my dream" speech, followed up with "that is why I'm in a bad mood."
Somehow I feel like this ties into your "This is why your single" thread. :think:

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
My wife has woken up more pissed than 1000 disturbed hornet nests by having a dream where I cheated or left her and the kids. Multiple times. :think:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My wife has woken up more pissed than 1000 disturbed hornet nests by having a dream where I cheated or left her and the kids. Multiple times. :think:
Just do it so she'll stop freaking out about it.

The Top Gun soundtrack was mentioned yesterday, that is part of my personal hell.