Quantcast

My personal Molly

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
If I could build a street and DJ bike, it'd probably look exactly like that.

Only with a shadow - link chain. The color is cool, but every time I'd go riding, I'd probably freak out and think that my chain has rusted over.

Siiiick build, though.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Your by no means stuck to the sherman as your only choice... Plenty of people are using Marzocchi and even Fox forks.. the next batch will accomodate the Pike as well.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
nice bike Leebo...and I can testify on behalf of the sherman forks, especially the travel reduction mod Lee walked me thru. I've been beating the crap out of that fork for a while and it begs for more abuse. Sherman is def my choice...

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
thats a sick ride, and i concur on shermans rocking. i have had my jumper for 2 seasons now and really only had to change the spring for my lardy ass.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ

Here's the latest pic of my Molly. Resting on the first jump on the small run I made in back of my garage.

About the Manitou Jumpers, I was starting to hate mine w/ the stocker/softie spring but got a link from Lee and Sean @ USB for a much stiffer spring for $15. I have to say the fork is a TON better now.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
don said:
About the Manitou Jumpers, I was starting to hate mine w/ the stocker/softie spring but got a link from Lee and Sean @ USB for a much stiffer spring for $15. I have to say the fork is a TON better now.
what was that link?

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Stoked-

Hope this helps you....

Sean @ UnionStreet said:
Here is the spring that Lee uses. It's a lot stiffer
then the heavy/extra heavy Manitou spring. A lot of guys use
this spring.

http://www.toolanddie.com/~smgr2/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=T&Product_Code=SDS-DIE_SPG3

I run this bad boy... super stiff. When I come up short I only
use about 2 inches of travel.

http://www.toolanddie.com/~smgr2/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=T&Product_Code=SDS-DIE_SPG4

I order the 1in. OD x 12in springs and cut them to length with a
dremmel. Usually leaving them a little longer then the stock
springs. There are some other mods you have to do to the spring
too. I always put the end I cut off down in the fork. There
is a little nub in bottom that the spring pilots on. You'll have
to open the end of the spring up some so it will fit over it. For
the other end you'll have to take some off of the OD to get it to fit up
inside the cap. I use sanding wheels on my dremmel and it only
takes 5 to 10 min. to do. If you've got a belt sander it would
probably only take a minute. It might seem kinda ghetto but it
works and only costs about $15. I ran one in my Jumper
for over year riding 3 days a week and never had any problems with
it. At first I was worried the cap would blow off from the extra
spring tension but it been trouble free.
I followed Sean's direction and it worked well. Let me know if you have any other questions.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
yeah, I love the shrubs and plants - gives it an earthy feeling plus the roots help hold stuff together. I'm planning on planting a bunch more trees, bushes and shrubs to really fill the zone in.

Profile hubs are the treats! These are the BMX 110mm cassette version. I also have a 135 6 speed hub on my 26" hardtail which I've used for about 5 years.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
For the right side you need to buy a 9/16" tap and simply tap the hollow end of the 20mm axle.. buy the appropriate bolt one washer to space out the peg and one to go inside the peg...

For the right side technically it is even easier, you just replace the bolt with a new one and need to space it out with a couple smaller washers.....but the bolt is difficult to find--I don't remember the size of the top of my head but take your axle to a really good hardware (lowes and Home Depot--don't carry the right size--) and they should be able to help you.

It goes without saying if you put a peg on an aluminum fork you can mis-your peg when doing grinds and do damage to it.. Manitou sells a replacement bolt for the bottom left side and even call it a grind bolt.. on the right hand side the rebound adjuster will take a beating but mine has held up like a champ..