Quantcast

my polished M3

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Drake, those things look tits.

Too bad Intense are idiots and F'd you over on that order.

Thanks for the crowns!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Little House On The Prairie?

Nice bike by the way... Been on the M3 for the last 3 years. You'll love it.

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
i love my m3, im 100% sure you'll like it. dont worry m3's aren't obsolete yet. The m6 is so slack and low you could legitimately say that if your not riding stuff straight down all day long that the m3 is the better choice for you.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i love my m3, im 100% sure you'll like it. dont worry m3's aren't obsolete yet. The m6 is so slack and low you could legitimately say that if your not riding stuff straight down all day long that the m3 is the better choice for you.
i agree, i prefer the m3 over the m6.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Looks pretty great. Blind some folks on a sunny bright day!
Have fun with polishing the fingerprints off.

My Bullit swingarm is polished & get's dull quite often.. Luckily it's just the swingarm & not the whole frame! My hands & fingers would be friggin sore.
Bet those Harley Davidson owners with all the chrome go through alot of polish.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
If you want it to stay shiny like first polished, find a polishing product called 'simichrome' polish http://www.motorcyclestore.us/images/simichrome plish.JPG

this stuff is great for a qiuck hand polish and tends to stay off the oxidizing for a while by leaving some sort of film/coating on the aluminum..
I've never used those, but Mothers mag wheel and aluminum polish (comes in a can) works a treat. I've polished my Socom and Tazer.:picsstfu:

Minou

Chimp
Mar 25, 2006
Munich
6000 alloys don't need any further treatment unlike 7000 series. A good (high speed disc not rag and compound!!!) polishing densifies the surface and doesn't need to be clearcoated to stay shiny.
Fingerprints???

Regards
Matt

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
All you gotta do to keep it shiny is hit it with an S.O.S. pad every so often. Helps if you don't have decals though...
I took this one from white to mirrored in one long day with a can of brush-on Aircraft stripper and four S.O.S. pads...

RSutton1223

Chimp
Aug 22, 2007
Nice ride...I bet that polished is as hard to keep up as my matte black though...small scratches show up easily.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
My 06' Sunday Factory before the 07' race season:

Dezul - the M3 looks pimp! Nice polish job.

Mine was done by Virgil at Class Act Paint and Powder out in Oregon. Blasted, Polished, then powder-coated clear.

Last edited:

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW
If you want it to stay shiny like first polished, find a polishing product called 'simichrome' polish http://www.motorcyclestore.us/images/simichrome plish.JPG

this stuff is great for a qiuck hand polish and tends to stay off the oxidizing for a while by leaving some sort of film/coating on the aluminum..
That's the stuff I've been using to keep up the finish on my M6. Works great. I've heard good things about Hoosier polish too, but haven't gotten a chance (or needed) to try it yet.