Quantcast

My power was out all weekend

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
From about 9:30am on Friday to about 8:00pm yesterday (Sunday).

I would have been totally ok with it if I didn't have a 35 gallon tropical fish tank that needs to stay around 80 degrees for the fish to survive. I spent a good portion of my time this weekend removing water from the tank, heating it on the gas stove, and putting it back into the tank to maintain 75+ degrees.

Ugh. Anyone else lose power this weekend with the crazy storm?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
From about 9:30am on Friday to about 8:00pm yesterday (Sunday).

I would have been totally ok with it if I didn't have a 35 gallon tropical fish tank that needs to stay around 80 degrees for the fish to survive. I spent a good portion of my time this weekend removing water from the tank, heating it on the gas stove, and putting it back into the tank to maintain 75+ degrees.

Ugh. Anyone else lose power this weekend with the crazy storm?

I feel for you man, we had an ice storm a few years back and our power was out for 8 days. I had a 100 gallon tank at the time. I just gave up boiling fish water after about 1 day. We didn't have gas, just a coleman camp stove. I wrapped the tank in every sleeping bag and blanket I could find and hoped for the best. Surprisingly most of the fish lived.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Lost power on Thurs night.

Power came back on Friday evening, 5 minutes before I came home with more batteries and candles. :rofl:

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Yea my power was out most of friday, but it popped back on later in the day.I have had to do the same thing with the heating water on the stove thing,I have a 70 gallon with some turtles and fish, so i feel your pain man.Hopefully this next storm wont be as bad , Im dying to get out and ride !

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I am itching for a ride too. Maybe later this week if the weather holds up we can do a night ride.

Man, Eric, that sucks. At least you have a generator. My landlord had a generator and a bunch of extension chords stuck in a garage with the only way in being an electric garage door.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
My parents have one of these for camping.

Kept their the fridge, freezer, DSL modem and laptop (charger) on during the storm. They were going to try the TV but didn't want to risk it.

I am moving to Tahoe next year, I may buy a little el cheapo generator.