Quantcast

My pumptrack

NevilleC

Chimp
Sep 9, 2014
new england
Hello all, I wanted to post up my pumptrack. Thanks to this site and a couple others I got this built. Been wanting one for years and I finally found the time and energy to do it, at 40 years old...

I have over 60 tons of clay into it and need another trailer load. I give so much credit to those who dig solely with a shovel. I could've never done this without my backhoe. As it is every pound of clay was touched with a shovel and tamper. Can't imagine wheelbarrowing all of it!!

Track still needs some work to flow properly but it'll get there. The rollers at the beginning and end of the berms need to meet the berms better still. I also need to improve my skills for sure too but clocking laps in will do that as I've already gotten faster. Feels like I'm going so fast until I see video of it lol. And I'm out of shape. Bad. Another thing this track will improve haha.

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
my $0.02 is that you should take out 1-2 rollers per straight and open it up a bit. the struggle for speed and flow that i'm seeing looks to be because of the rollers being to tight together. more vertical change/dip could be good too, but if you want to keep it above grade and not having drainage issues, i think opening things up would be the way to go

check out some of the dimensional information at this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/498140408759724726/

NevilleC

Chimp
Sep 9, 2014
new england
my $0.02 is that you should take out 1-2 rollers per straight and open it up a bit. the struggle for speed and flow that i'm seeing looks to be because of the rollers being to tight together. more vertical change/dip could be good too, but if you want to keep it above grade and not having drainage issues, i think opening things up would be the way to go

check out some of the dimensional information at this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/498140408759724726/
I used those exact measurements actually lol. I used the 1:10 rule. The rollers that are 10' peak to peak are one foot tall. The uphill section is 12' peak to peak and 15" tall. I'm pretty sure someone who's a way better rider than my 40 year old self could go a lot faster haha. This is the first pump track or bmx track I've ever ridden haha. Both the track and I need some work for sure but I'm having fun. Hopefully a small jump line before the years out. One step at a time though.

I did get some more work done to one of the berms today and it flows much better than before. I can get a better pump out of it now. Gonna get some more laps in after supper!!

Last edited:

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Looking really good! Try moving your weight forward a bit and use your arms more for pumping. You'll get more speed right away.

Last edited: