Quantcast

My quest to build frames

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Some shots of Toddre's first frame straight outta his time in the UBI classroom:

He rides em too!

I'm looking forward to sampling some Steel Stew sometime in the not too distant future. Dig In! :monkeydance:

Toddre

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
Good Ole CT
sweet work!man,i wish i could go to ubi and learn to do that...just isn't in the foreseeable future tho.
Thanks...
UBI was a pretty cool experience.
I'm in a unique situation in that I'm a stay at home dad who needs to start finding a "career" again. My boys will be going to school all day soon and my wife retires from the state in a few years so we chaulked it up as an "educational trainng" expense.
I did the trip on the cheap. Cheap airfair, cheap car rental (which is convenient, but not totally necessary) and real cheap lodging.
I stayed at a hostel next store to the school. It was cheap, but if you like your privacy or nice accomodations, it's not the place.
I would also say that if you do go, learn to tig or braze before hand. You won't feel rushed or fall behind.

Feb 1, 2008
mavisdale,va
Thanks...
UBI was a pretty cool experience.
I'm in a unique situation in that I'm a stay at home dad who needs to start finding a "career" again. My boys will be going to school all day soon and my wife retires from the state in a few years so we chaulked it up as an "educational trainng" expense.
I did the trip on the cheap. Cheap airfair, cheap car rental (which is convenient, but not totally necessary) and real cheap lodging.
I stayed at a hostel next store to the school. It was cheap, but if you like your privacy or nice accomodations, it's not the place.
I would also say that if you do go, learn to tig or braze before hand. You won't feel rushed or fall behind.
man,i would absolutely LOVE to go!it's been several years,but i have migged and brazed before,and watched/helped my dad tig a utility trailer a few years ago,so i understand the concept...

i'm not one of those "nay-sayers",but i seriously doubt i'll ever have the opportunity,tho,due to the life circumstances i've allowed myself to be placed in by dumb decisions and injuries (that,while still allow me to enjoy riding w/out too much related pain,still limit what jobs/fields i can do).

of course,then again,when the wife graduates skool next year,she'll be entry level in the med field and can work pretty much anywhere,i do still have/use a valid class a CDL (stands for "Can't Drive a Lick":busted:),and can work pretty much anywhere...i'd be surprized,but hey,stranger things have happened:lighten:...i always wanted to live close to that part of the country anyways =)