Quantcast

My rescue dog

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
The thread about rescuing a dog and the other one about the dog that fell off of the cliff and is going to have his leg amputated made me decide to share my rescue dog. His name is Trooper and we found him at the Humane Society. He was down to his final days and they weren't having any luck getting him adopted, so we decided to save him.
He has had his right front leg amputated, but it doesn't slow him down at all. He is an absolute sweetheart and he took right to our family.

image.jpg

Attachments

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Cute dog. This here is Goose, rescued from the Humane Society as well. Had been there for 2/3rds her whole life: found at 3 months on the street, then we got her at just under a year. Had a lot of health problems in the pen but now she's healthy as a horse.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
This is Colt, rescued at 2.5 from a 60 year old alcoholic that kept him in a kennel almost 24 hours a day since he was born.

colt yoga.

He's 6.5 now, and is the happiest, stupid, smart, retarded, clumsy fun loving dude.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
There is a family that walks their three legged dog past me where I park for one of my weekly rides. The dog is missing one of it's rear legs, but seems to get along just fine.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
We had a 3 legged cat when I was growing up and it seemed to have more problems from being declawed (by previous owner) than it did from missing a leg.

Also, our beagle mix rescue dog just turned 16. He's been by my side since I was 6.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Mazda. Rescue from Southwest WA humane society. He's a slowing, greying old man now.

Denver. Rescue from a local golden retriever rescue group.

and this is literally the only photographic evidence of our cat, Savannah, that also was a rescue from Southwest WA humane society

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
We've never had anything but rescue dogs.

Our most recent was Spencer (black lab mutt):

P8250003.jpeg
lydia_spencer_1.jpg

Before that, we had Ziggy (greyhound mutt), Wolf (purebread german shepherd), and Piper (???). All wonderful rescue dogs.

My friend is about to adopt a greyhound tripod. He broke his leg at the track and the break was so bad they opted to amputate. Apparently he's a very young, mischievous puppy. I can't wait to meet him. When it's official, I'll tell you his name. tee hee!

edit: congrats on the rescue pups! So many great dogs need homes. Buying a dog at the store makes me sad.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
This is Floyd @ 8mos, just turned 1yr a few weeks back.
He's a pure bred shepherd from the breeder of our other shep.
She repo'd him from owner after seeing his condition by chance one day.
We were dropping our dog off for boarding when my wife saw him and the hook was set.

Former owner basically starved him; he weighed 30# when we got him on Memorial Day.
He also has a silver dollar sized burn scar below the collar on the top of his neck.
If I ever meet the former owner (a fireman in a nearby town; WTF) I will be spending some time in the pokey.

Currently weighs in at 65# and is growing like a weed.
Worked through his trust issues and he's an awesome l'il dude.

IMG_0476.JPG

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My brothers dog Molly, rescue from some scumbag who had dozens of dogs, all starving/diseased/injured somehow. IIRC the state put about half the animals down they were in such bad shape.

Couple weeks after, you can see she still has teh mange.

Better now.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
We've never had anything but rescue dogs.

Our most recent was Spencer (black lab mutt):

View attachment 112384

Before that, we had Ziggy (greyhound mutt), Wolf (purebread german shepherd), and Piper (???). All wonderful rescue dogs.
You are lucky you are head poop-throwin Monkey bc posting pics of your sister/GF, whatever is just askin for naughty comments.

;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You are lucky you are head poop-throwin Monkey bc posting pics of your sister/GF, whatever is just askin for naughty comments.
Much younger sister... and she's about 13 in that picture, since it was taken over 10 years ago, so let's not get too creepy here ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Picked Cubby up at the shelter 13 years ago. He spent 4 of the first 6 months of his life in a cage and was going a bit stir crazy when I got him. Turned out to be the calmest most chill dog I have ever seen. Dumber than a box of rocks but happy as hell just to hang out.