Quantcast

My rides, part of the Transition Family

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
"RideHard"
hey how is the new rear end working out for you? any problems since the replacement? i have a Fox 36 on mine and it feels amazing, i love the Preston, its such an amazing bike.

RideHard

Monkey
Apr 4, 2005
No probblems at all since replacement man, the bike handles even nicer with the fox up front..... I will get some pics of just the preston up tonight, please mind that unlike some-people I do ride my bikes so its far from immaculate/spotless.

RideHard

Monkey
Apr 4, 2005
I found up some dirt on my preston for a previous post, I apologize for the length but it should give you some idea on my set-up.

It feels unreal

The List:

04 Preston FR (Proto/best geo of all prestons made)
06 fox 36van
06 Avid Juicy 7's
Dangerboy 2finger gripped levers
Sic classic 50mm stem
Sram x9 shifter pods
Sram x9 rear derailer
E13 Drs/SRS
Shimano lx front derailer (on its way out)
Odi Ruffin Grips
Walmart no name bars
Fsa Pig dh headset
2003 Mavic deemax
maxxis 2.35 minions 60d compound
shimano xtr cassette
Kmc chain
e13 34t guidering
Shimano Saint cranks
Azonic A-Frame peds
Dabomb seatpost
Wtb TI rail dh lazer V seat

RIP man, we still remember

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
"RideHard"
sweet rig, love the specs and it looks super sweet with the fox up front. im loving my Preston, and i love the Fox 36 the bike feels so amazing, it rides like a big travel bike but pedals like a hybrid. it takes all of the abuse i can give it.

***MTB***

Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
SoCal
sorry to jack the thread, but i just have a quick question. i was looking to buy a bottlerocket. i know it can freeride and jumps great, but how does it ride uphill or on the occasional xc ride??

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
the bottlerocket pedals well. i am running mine with a 11-28 cogset and a 22/34 (maybe a 24/36, i forget) front combo. you notice it is a few pounds heavier than ideal (mine is 40lbs). however, with the dhx 5.0's propedal turned on the bike will go uphill pretty well. i am 6'1" and i went with the large frame so i could get enough seattube/seatpost combo for full leg extension.

i know lots of people pimp the preston, but i don't like the one i rode. i met a guy who had one (not sure which model year) and he let me put a leg over it. i am much happier with the bottlerocket's handling. that said, i also rode my bud's medium bottlerocket (remember, i ride a large) and i did not like the feel. it was too small for me to XC on. it also felt too small to DH on. of course, that is just my experience. my bud (who is a bit shorter than me) loves his and will pedal it.

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
ok, for all you Transition fans looking for a bike shop on the East Coast that carries Transitions line of bikes and goodies, My buddy Rick is opening a new store, its called "Endless Trail Bike Worx" its located is Dobbsferry, NY about 15 min. from Manhattan. it will be open this November. make contact by phone, (914) 674-8567. support your addiction and his shop.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
alright who here has a bottlerocket?
I need some info/feedback
anyone here hit the dh and big mountains on one?
no dh races on mine, but i have hit mammoth on it. i have no questions about what it can handle. i would dh race it. i would whistler it. i have a dhx 5.0 coil and a 36 vanR on the front. i have 2.4 maxxis advantage tires, and a dual ring & bash setup. the bike weighs in at 40lbs. it would be easy to get it closer to 36lbs and it would still be tough as nails.

you do notice the 5.5 inches in the back in a few situations. however, i have yet to curse the bike for not having enough travel.

any specific questions?

ride26

Monkey
Nov 24, 2005
Henniker NH
no dh races on mine, but i have hit mammoth on it. i have no questions about what it can handle. i would dh race it. i would whistler it. i have a dhx 5.0 coil and a 36 vanR on the front. i have 2.4 maxxis advantage tires, and a dual ring & bash setup. the bike weighs in at 40lbs. it would be easy to get it closer to 36lbs and it would still be tough as nails.

you do notice the 5.5 inches in the back in a few situations. however, i have yet to curse the bike for not having enough travel.

any specific questions?
I wasn't planning on doing any DH races with it I just wanted to get an opinion on how it held up for DH so I could use it at the big mountains

thanks for the info

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
im selling my Dirtbag, would like to get a Bottle Rocket. there is a thread posted under the full suspension classifieds section. make me an offer if interested or feel free to contact me with any questions.

ride26

Monkey
Nov 24, 2005
Henniker NH
im selling my Dirtbag, would like to get a Bottle Rocket. there is a thread posted under the full suspension classifieds section. make me an offer if interested or feel free to contact me with any questions.
hahaha... I'm doing the same thing..I selling my dirtbag frame fork and extras as well so I can get a bottlerocket

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
Just updated my ToP for the 07 season. upgraded to 07 DJ2, new Arrow front wheel, new grips, new brake lever and best of all new seat.

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
Maxxis Larson Oriflamme... I found a new set laying around at the shop and they looked perfect for my use. Saddly Maxxis doesn't make these tires anymore.:banghead:

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
ok, i am now selling both of my bike, 2006 preston fr and 2006 dirtbag. pictures of both are on the first post in this thread can also get all info from the full suspension classifieds, selling complete bikes or i can part them out. my riding locations have changed and so has my interests and riding stlye, need cash for a bottle rocket and a T.O.P. know anyone interested, spread the word. thanks guys

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
is there anyone interested in my bikes??? i cant beilieve they havent sold yet, am i asking to much? complete Preston and a complete Dirtbag, both are 2006 with nice specs. im asking $1800 obo for each, pictures of the bikes are up on the first post for this thread. any interest? of feedback? help me out.

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
I used to work for cableorganizer.com which is where i got my cable wrap. It would be great to wrap a break cable and a derailer cable together.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
I used to work for cableorganizer.com which is where i got my cable wrap. It would be great to wrap a break cable and a derailer cable together.
sweet im gona use the shrink tube to wrap my derailer and brake to replace the zip ties on both my bikes and use some on the cables over the rocker arms to protect it ill get pics when im done.

arboc!'s dirtbag weighs the same as my preston lol, it was nice to meet you this weekend at beacon man enjoy the new bike. although i do have tubless tires and DH tubes in right now and a dirtbag rearend so that adds some weight.