Chain - KMC Z755
Tubes - Maxxis W.W.
Grips - Odi Loc-d
S.S. Adapter - Gusset 16t
Axle- 12MM to 10MM Conversion - NYC Freeride

tonyb

Chimp
May 17, 2008
i bought a bottlerocket last january and i efin love it! quick, responsive, and it pulls the ladies!

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
What Size is your Blindside? is that the 08? because the one in the Transition website have a different shock mount on front.
Mines a Med and fits me perfect at 5'8. mine is one of the new production run, TBC dosent do model years just changes and tweaks, or new models.

Segunda

Chimp
May 7, 2007

Did I show this one off yet ? :D
Been to busy riding to take better pics, sorry ;-)
She's GREAT fun, bit of a transition:brows: from my last full-sussers.
Soo glad I went for the Large, at 1m95 I needed a bit more toptube lenght and it works. It's roomy and stable, yet low and manouvreable.
So much fun in fact that I start breaking stuff..., snapped the bolts of the NC17 seatpost, pedals are creaking, my chain hangs together with three powerlinks.
Got a 66 SL1 coming up for it, can't decide whether to leave it white or make something custom of it.

Allright, gotta go true my wheels now, eeuhrm unless n'yone got some advice on casing landings, for beginners :brow::banghead:

daway

Chimp
Apr 15, 2004
Seattle
I just picked up a nice used Vagrant and I'm trying to figure out what BB size I should get. I know it should be 63mm, and I found this Truvativ Howitzer Team on Pricepoint but there are two: one 68/73mmx50mm, and one 68/73mmx56mm. I don't really know what the second measurement means...sorry this is the first time I've built a bike from the frame up. I'm going to be running 170mm Holtzfeller cranks with a single chainring/bashguard if that makes a difference.

lamp

Monkey
Mar 21, 2008
I think you want the 50mm, but call / email transition.

Vagrants are cool btw!

Segunda

Chimp
May 7, 2007
FWIW; I'm running 50's, RF bracket with Holzfeller, fits just right, crancks slide on flush to the bb.

On mine, the bracket seemed a bit wide though, my l33t measuring skillz confirm it's just a notch over 68, the O-ring is nearly squashing out. Dunno if that's a normal tollerance, but it seems to hold up just fine...

daway

Chimp
Apr 15, 2004
Seattle
I called Transition and they said to go ahead with the 50mm ones. I actually am running Holtzfeller cranks not Howitzers, I don't know why I said that earlier. They should work with that Howitzer BB right?

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Finaly have my stable mostly complete, still need cranks for the Hardtail and to fix my talas for the BR. But riding my buddies 66 is nice.

This is the Preston I'm building for my Girl shes got a whole mess of new parts coming and it should be sweet wheen its all done.

BlackHornet

Chimp
Feb 25, 2008
lol well im sure they would if you called them and got buddy buddy with them, but on the other hand, i love transition. the customer suipport is great and thats a big part of owning a bike to me

daway

Chimp
Apr 15, 2004
Seattle
How do you like the domain? I was thinking about putting a domain or lyrik on my vagrant, I just can't really decide which one.

redtaco

Chimp
Feb 12, 2008
I really like the Domain, not had a chance to ride it on the Vagrant but I rode it for a year on my Heckler. Not had any time on a Lyrik so not sure how much difference there is, but the Domain is very stiff and plush, its also simple to set up. For the price you cant go wrong.

daway

Chimp
Apr 15, 2004
Seattle
I believe the lowers are the same, the Lyric just has stanctions that are aluminum instead of steel making it lighter and a bit more adjustability.

edteach

Chimp
Jun 13, 2008
I just built up this Preston last week in anticipation of my move out of South Florida to North Carolina. My XC bike is super flimsy and the SS DJ wasn't going to cut it in the mountains...or even pedaling up my driveway. :)

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Been building up a preston for my girlfriend over the summer and its finally to a point where it needs pictures.

Before:

After:

And I got the BS dialed in as well, 39.9 lbs.

let me know what you guys think.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
I can't decide if I want a Covert or Preston. I ride aggresive All mountain/xc. with climbing. Sometimes I ride the lift up and bomb down, but even if you take the lift up there are still some small little uphills.

Any advice would be great. I ride mostly out in Utah. May go to college there.

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
i am digging the old school joker purple and green paint scheme on that vagrant. i think i use to have some chuck taylors like that.

Bream

Chimp
Aug 19, 2008
Finally built up:

And definately used :biggrin:

DIY Team Transition at Vallasen in Sweden :cheers: