Quantcast

My rides... yay girl riders!!

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
sunnerbeanmtb - check out www.wofbmx.com - I know it's not mtn bikes, but you did post on a BMX/Dirt jump forum and hell, riding is riding in my book...

Anyway, wofbmx seems like a good site to find out about other girl riders in you area or get motivated from girls all over the earth. Also, if you haven't seen it, there was a Props vid a while back that had a all girls roadtrip - some good riding on it. I can't remember the issue right now, but let me know, and I can try to find exactly which one it was.

Hey thannks dude...and I posted in the bmx dirt jump section because thats what I mostly do is dirt jump with those bikes, urban street riding and downhill mountain biking.

but yeah ive hear of the site before, Id just misplaced it in my head so thanks for reminding me!

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Noticed the MD plates. If you're anywhere near Frederick, there are a few ladies who ride DH there. One of them, Hillary, posts from time to time here on Ridemonkey as onetime. You should PM her to get the low-down on some rides.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
sunnerbeanmtb said:
Hey thannks dude...and I posted in the bmx dirt jump section because thats what I mostly do is dirt jump with those bikes, urban street riding and downhill mountain biking.

but yeah ive hear of the site before, Id just misplaced it in my head so thanks for reminding me!
no problem - I've know about that site for years and glad to hear about more girls riding (I hope my daughter gets into when she gets older).

Also, no prob w/ the post in the bmx forums - looked like you rode 26ers. I ride dirt jumps mostly myself - on a 24" USB for this year but have a 26" bike too. And most the guys I ride w/ ride BMX - ain't a big deal to me what type of bike as long as people are riding :)

If by the chain tensionor you mean the one on my diamondback...yes I did have some problems with it. I took my bike to a shop in hopes of them just putting a chain on and not having to use a tensioner....not possoble. So he suggested the surley singulator (which is what is on there now). He told me that if I have problems with the chain popping off then I should bring it back in and have them put a from chain tensioner on. Sure enough I got it home to ride and the damn chain just kept popping off. I let one of my friends look at it and all he had to do was take out a couple more links to make the chain a little shorter. Solved the problem in a snap. I am thinking that bike shop just set that up for me so I would have to spend more money...very sad

Now...I take that bike off dirt jumps, I ride street with it, I freeride, downhill, and I huck it off anything I can find...so we will see how long it holds up.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
You may of lucked out with taking a few links out, but unless you are running a half link it's hard to get the correct chain tension (not too tight, or too sloppy) with vetical dropouts. The Surly does suck though, I destroyed mine and ended up splinting it with a rock and ductape until I could get a real dirt jump bike...

sunnerbeanmtb said:
If by the chain tensionor you mean the one on my diamondback...yes I did have some problems with it. I took my bike to a shop in hopes of them just putting a chain on and not having to use a tensioner....not possoble. So he suggested the surley singulator (which is what is on there now). He told me that if I have problems with the chain popping off then I should bring it back in and have them put a from chain tensioner on. Sure enough I got it home to ride and the damn chain just kept popping off. I let one of my friends look at it and all he had to do was take out a couple more links to make the chain a little shorter. Solved the problem in a snap. I am thinking that bike shop just set that up for me so I would have to spend more money...very sad

Now...I take that bike off dirt jumps, I ride street with it, I freeride, downhill, and I huck it off anything I can find...so we will see how long it holds up.

Uksecrets

Chimp
May 7, 2006
SouthEast London
sunnerbeanmtb said:
If there are any girl riders out there (no boys, not you who ride girls) get at me....some times I feel as if I am allllll alllonneeeee
Hi ya'

I've just replaced my bike, it took me nearly a year to do so. Last year my bike got stolen I only had it for about 3 months....I was soo gutted!

Anyway I am pleased with my new replacement so far...DiamondBack M05 HardTail! It gives me a nice smooth ride.

The only problem I find with the bike is that the seat is real hard I will replace it ASAP! still suffering now from the pain.