Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
fisher ferrous...

fisher ferrous...

Turner...

Trner...

trner...

I really love both of these bikes. The fisher was my first steel bike and it has constantly put smiles on my face. The sultan was my frst full suspension 29er and I absolutely love this bike. I'm looking to get a thru axle fork eventually...come on rockshock! As far as durability both bikes have been awesome...

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
I haven't had many miles on the jones tire but so far I like the way it digs into the trail. I'm not running tubeless the next day I get off I'll probably throw the yellow strips in the flows and convert em'...

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
Since i got the sultan thats all ive been riding. I'm currently re-building the fisher as a singlespeed. As far as chainstay length I haven't noticed too much of a difference between the two bikes. Although, I'm the type of person that as long as I'm comfortable on abike i just ride it.

Toddre

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
Good Ole CT
how you like that jones on the rear?

you run tubless?

nice bikes
I was never a big fan of the Jones in the rear..LOVE it as a front though... my new bike is going to jones front/mud x rear..or at this rate I'll still have my sec. captains since it doesn't seem like i can ride anymore..:disgust::disgust1:

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I really like the Ferrous. My friend has one and it's gorgeous. Gives a custom a run for the money with it's unique look.

I run an ACX Jones tubeless in the front on one of my rigs. Sticks like velcro to most any trail surface. I'm too skeptical to put it on the rear. I've been running a Dry X back there. Funny thing is, the DryX has a bigger casing than the Jones. I wish Trek would make that tire wider, (the ACX) it'd be killer!

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
Do you have the standard rocker on the Sultan? I'm looking at a FS setup for next spring.
yeah, i have the stock rockers from Turner. I'm not sure what the differences are when swapped with the push rockers. You cannot go wrong with the sultan.

Can anyone elaborate the differences with push rockers on the Sultan?

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
I really like the Ferrous. My friend has one and it's gorgeous. Gives a custom a run for the money with it's unique look.

I run an ACX Jones tubeless in the front on one of my rigs. Sticks like velcro to most any trail surface. I'm too skeptical to put it on the rear. I've been running a Dry X back there. Funny thing is, the DryX has a bigger casing than the Jones. I wish Trek would make that tire wider, (the ACX) it'd be killer!
Yeah, i really like the ferrous and it's definatley a unique frame. It handles awesome. I'm waiting for some extra cash to build it back up.

Why does everyone seem to be skeptical of using the acx as a rear tire?

Toddre

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
Good Ole CT
Yeah, i really like the ferrous and it's definatley a unique frame. It handles awesome. I'm waiting for some extra cash to build it back up.

Why does everyone seem to be skeptical of using the acx as a rear tire?
Whatr is it about the Ferrous you like? It does have unique geometry #'s...
I just never thought the ACX hook up all that great in the rear..I prefer a "paddle" type tread for my rear tire.... Plus if i remeber correctly it accelerated a bit slow in the back too... Maybe I should give it another go again some time