Quantcast

My Roomate sucks at life.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
He quit his job, again.

He now has no money. I had to call his mom to get money for bills.

His mom tells me to talk to him about it to which I replied "Your son is the most irresponsible person I have ever met. He currently doesn't believe that he owes me rent money even though he lives here."

I told her that she is a cosigner the lease and she can expect a call from an attorney on Monday.

This fvcking horrible.

At least I work with attorneys...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I saw this title, and the first thing I thought was, "Red Rabbit's roommate got an account on RM?"

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
the same guy? You still haven't kicked him out yet?
Can't kick him out. I wrote the landlord an email about kicking him out and taking over the lease and got this response.

Ugghh
I wrote
Hi Bridget,

Anthony & I are not seeing eye to eye. One of us would like to move out.
However, in order to do that one our our names needs to come off the lease. As both of our names are cosigned by our parents, I hope that this
will not be an issue. He or I would in turn move another roommate in,
their name would not go on the lease.

Can this be done?

Thanks for your help,

--
Brian
Hi Brian -
I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well. Unfortunately, you both (and both your parents) are financially responsible for the apartment for the full length of the lease. Even if someone else were to move in, whoever moves out would still be legally responsible and cannot be removed from the 12-month agreement.
I know this definitely isn't the news your looking for, but I really hope you guys can either work it out or just tough it out for the next few months.

Good luck! bridget

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Your landlord is a moron.

Find a loophole in the lease contract to nullify it. You work with attorneys...shouldn't be hard.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Find a loophole in the lease contract to nullify it. You work with attorneys...shouldn't be hard.
The loophole is most likely one party not paying the fvcking rent.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Why is the landlord a moron for not wanting to voluntarily let someone out of a lease?
Each of my landlords has been okay with a new occupant entering the lease providing they apply and are accepted.

Red Rabbit's problem will be evicting his roommate.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Each of my landlords has been okay with a new occupant entering the lease providing they apply and are accepted.

Red Rabbit's problem will be evicting his roommate.
And your landlords actually let the departing person off the hook? Sure about that?

It seems the landlord has no problem with someone else moving in, she just doesn't want to release one of the existing tenants from liability. Seems fair to me.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
And your landlords actually let the departing person off the hook? Sure about that?

It seems the landlord has no problem with someone else moving in, she just doesn't want to release one of the existing tenants from liability. Seems fair to me.
Okay, at least two prior landlords of mine. As long as there was no loss in rent (amounts were current) and the replacement was approved, it was all good. I haven't looked into my current lease agreement, so I can't vouch for their stance.