Quantcast

My Rotec RL9-fully rebuilt.

yetiboyjay

Chimp
Jul 8, 2008
England, Devon
Just stripped and replaced all bearings/bolts/washers in the RL9 as well as having the front end re-anondized matt black, i just hated the Orange!

Thanks to Sully at Rotec for getting bits to me promptly!

The spec is pretty obvious from the pics, tubeless 823's on hadley, Ti springs, Full XO, etc etc, comes in under 40lbs.

Best bike i have ridden.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
oooops. 83mm bb. hadley or sun ringle 150mm hub for the floater.

I hate sellin stuff to friends

But a used Rotec is a safe bet, BOMBPROOF !!!!

Don't worry guys I have two and will always have one

Last edited:

goodgrief

Monkey
Aug 13, 2008
Innerleithen, Scotland
local place mate (Plymouth, Devon) £35 all in.
that's a top price. it looks mint in the pics, is it as good close up and do you think it'll be as tough as the original orange?
mine's still orange and i love it but it's getting a bit tatty due to being thrown in my car every other day with bikes stacked on top.

have you got a flush lower headset race fitted? mine has a threaded boss for a steering stop that would hit the lower crown if i ran a flush race

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
Noice bike....loving the Rotec action on here latley

One thing tho...how the hell are your goggles staying on your helmet??? without the strap wraping rite around???:clue:

yetiboyjay

Chimp
Jul 8, 2008
England, Devon
Noice bike....loving the Rotec action on here latley

One thing tho...how the hell are your goggles staying on your helmet??? without the strap wraping rite around???:clue:
Ha Ha, Quik Strap, i used them on my MX lids. Like a quick release system for goggles. Works a treat!

GOODGRIEF: I do run a cane creek double xc reducer in there top and bottom, i use the stop as it was meant to be (as a fork bumper) and it doesnt hit the crown till you want it to (just before your stanchions hit your frame) I obviously run 40's though, not sure about other (narrower) forks?

The ano' finish now is easily as tough as originally...really pleased with it.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Love the bike.

I think you should see if RUFUS can make some red fox stickers for your fork.