Quantcast

My scout is gone...

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Got a call from my mother today. Seems like my dad got tired of looking at my truck in the driveway. He sold it. He sold a 1977 International Super Scout II with 7" of lift, Super Swampers, Detroit rear locker, Warn hubs, etc. for 400 dollars. Without my knowledge. Awesome. AWESOME. I'm a little confused as to why he sold it, as it was MY truck which I payed for. All he did for it was let the title be put in his name for discount on the insurance. And I am in the Marines, and not allowed to have a POV where I'm at right now. So I obviously can't have it here. If it was going to be that big of a problem, why the hell couldn't he have told me? I could've easily arranged another place for it to stay while I was gone. GRRRR. I'm so not bitter though. NOOOOOO. Not bitter.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
pretty freaking lame, especially why you are in the marines....i mean, come on! If you were off being a dirty hippy in california, that's one thing, but damn. You never mess with a man's car. How much was it worth?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Dude that is pretty damn lame. What do you think you are going to do now? I mean that thing was probably worth atleast a few grand and probably more with all the mods on it.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
mtnbkr4235 said:
Dude that is pretty damn lame. What do you think you are going to do now? I mean that thing was probably worth atleast a few grand and probably more with all the mods on it.
No all the magazines hate scouts for no reason and it is impossible to sell them for what they are worth.

Sorry he did that to you. Scouts are so cool and for him to do that is ****ed up.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Way gay. Truth is the truck really wasnt worth that much, probably more than 400 but hardcore offroad is a fairly small market. People dont build their trucks to sell them, they build them to drive them so their value to their owner is usually alot more than their value on paper. Not to mention the value of all the time put into them.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
Do you have the contact info of the person who bought it? Maybe you can reason with them and explain the situation. I know it is a long shot but you have nothing to lose. Offer the person more money if you have the means and the interest.

Good luck.

J

JRB

Hahaha - and have them take it back over and park it in your Dad's driveway.

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Yeah, I'm pretty bitter about the whole thing. Granted it was beat up, but if I was to part it out I would've gotten well over 2000 without the tires/wheels or motor. The parts were definatly worth more than the truck but dammit, that was MY truck. It was my first vehicle, bought it with my own money I slaved for, payed for the 6mpg gas it got, payed insurance, everything. Think I might cry.

Funny thing though, I was in Va Beach this weekend and kinda got the rental car the girl I brought down to the ball towed. Why was it towed? Because I put my Scout's license plate number on the parking permit instead of the rental car's. Pretty funny but now she hates me. Pretty funny still.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
johnbryanpeters said:
Man, I would have given you $450-. J
I got $500 on it...

That is the definition of "weak sauce"

I would have paid you $1,400 for it, that's what I just paid today for a totaled 1997 4Runner limited that I am going to turn into a truggy.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
punkassean said:
I got $500 on it...

That is the definition of "weak sauce"

I would have paid you $1,400 for it, that's what I just paid today for a totaled 1997 4Runner limited that I am going to turn into a truggy.
Did I hear truggy? Are you doing it or looking to buy a kit?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
dexter said:
is everything on the runner totalled? let me know via pm what is still usable etc etc
it's pretty farked up mang, lemme know if there are a few specific things you need and I'll let you know if I have 'em...