Quantcast

My season is over so its all got to go

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
I ended my season at sugar and will be getting rid of most of my stuff. All local/ semi=local riders can make arrangements to pick up anything you may want. Make offers or go to e-bay.

'05 Fox 40RC2 (Just broken in) $750
'05 Manitou Slider Plus $150
'05 Manitou Minute 2 100mm $150
Brand new SRAM 2:1 shifter set $ 60
Brand new 20mm front SUV Wheel $125
New Tioga High rise bar $15
New Edco 15mm hub built on 32h sun singletrack rim $200
Slightly used 15mm Hadley hub built on singletrack $175 (did two runs and then flatted trashed rim, hub and spokes are like new!

I also have some older Hayes brakes and levers, old 20mm front wheels, etc.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
sorry to hear that.

timing sucks for both of us.
monday i ordered a fox fork.

i would have rather have helped a brother out.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
TCP21 said:
that sucks man, why you done so soon???
I was following Sam Hill's line off the top drop at Sugar (The right side) and I can't tell you exactly what happened, but the result left me with three left collar bones that have since been realigned with a titanium plate and eight screws. Time for me to get well and maybe actually start riding this off season.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
ztlh13 said:
I was following Sam Hill's line off the top drop at Sugar (The right side) and I can't tell you exactly what happened, but the result left me with three left collar bones that have since been realigned with a titanium plate and eight screws. Time for me to get well and maybe actually start riding this off season.
jesus dude.

TCP21

Monkey
May 13, 2005
Greensboro, NC
ztlh13 said:
ahh will you be back next season.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Does anybodt remember if there was tree close the landing on the right side of the drop? Just asking b/c my jersey and helmet have gouges on the right side, but I landed on my left shoulder. Still trying to piece together what happened. Everything felt great and then snap and a flash of lightening almost blew out the top of my skull.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
You need to hang on to that stuff. With your super human muscle bound body, you should heal in half the time. We'll see you riding before too long.

DHZombie

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
Leesburg, VA
ztlh13 said:
Does anybodt remember if there was tree close the landing on the right side of the drop? Just asking b/c my jersey and helmet have gouges on the right side, but I landed on my left shoulder. Still trying to piece together what happened. Everything felt great and then snap and a flash of lightening almost blew out the top of my skull.
Looking at the drop from the takeoff, there was a tree on the right about halfway down the face of the drop. From what I heard, they attempted to fill in some of the exposed roots of the tree near the landing point. I guess that they thought it was a little too dangerous on the landing.

I was watching the pro's practice this drop on Friday and they were having a b***ch of a time trying to determine their lines. Saw a couple of pro's 'lawn dart' the landing. Definitely not an easy element of this course.

Hope you get better soon !

P.S. Any rear derailleurs available ? I pranged my X-0 on a rock somewhere on that course.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
You looked like death warmed over bro. I've seen your crash face before and that one was just plain gruesome. I'm really sorry about that. And yes there is a tree halfway down the lander, but not at any real speed. You would have hit it just at the edge of the second ledge rock.

If it's any consulation, I was taking the right line during practice and it was easier but scarier because the exit was faster and more violent. So you were on the right path.

Heal up strong. Will they be removing that stuff once everything sets?

Oh...and tell us what your wife's best verbal jab has been so far.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
bizutch said:
Heal up strong. Will they be removing that stuff once everything sets?
Don't know yet, depends on how the bone healng goes. There is a chance that only one side of the plate will heal and they will have to do bone grafts. But the ortho thinks it can stay put.

As for my wife other than retirement, she slapped my shoulder the first Sunday trying to get a bug!

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
ztlh13 said:
I was following Sam Hill's line off the top drop at Sugar (The right side) and I can't tell you exactly what happened, but the result left me with three left collar bones that have since been realigned with a titanium plate and eight screws.

Thats just proving the point that Sam Hill is non-human! :hot:

Sorry to hear about your collarbone. I heard about that crash while I was up at Sugar. I hope you heal up soon.

I'm interested in the fox 40. What length is the steerer tube and what weight springs are in it? I'm bidding on a frame now on ebay and if I win it I'll need a fork - even if I don't win this one I'm sure there will be another in the near future. Thanks.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
jonnynails said:
Sorry to hear about your collarbone. I heard about that crash while I was up at Sugar. I hope you heal up soon.

I'm interested in the fox 40. What length is the steerer tube and what weight springs are in it? I'm bidding on a frame now on ebay and if I win it I'll need a fork - even if I don't win this one I'm sure there will be another in the near future. Thanks.
Stuck the 40 on e-bay, not sure on tube length, but my Yeti is average head tube size, but the integrated stem is the way to go. And no I do not have the integrated stem!

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
spoke80 said:
T,
What do you have left?
*E-Bay* 26" SUV front wheel with Abbah SOS DH hub. All black, brand new from the factory. $150

*E-Bay* '05 Fox 40RC2 (Just broken in) $750

*Sold* '05 Manitou Slider Plus $150

*Sold* Brand new SRAM X.9 2:1 shifter set $ 60

New Tioga High rise bar $20

*Sold* Slightly used 15mm Hadley hub built on singletrack $175 (did two runs and then flatted trashed rim, hub and spokes are like new!

New 203mm Shimano Brake rotor $20

*Sold* Front and rear Hayes disc brakes (2002) $25/ each

*Sold* Front and rear XT 4-disc brakes (2003) $35/each

A lot is gone, but I still some left. Stuck the 40 and the new SUV wheel on e-bay.
Sorry to hear about Snowshoe, can't believe they would cancel a race due to rain. My first national there was flowing creek for a trail!

Jun 20, 2006
ztlh13 said:
*E-Bay* 26" SUV front wheel with Abbah SOS DH hub. All black, brand new from the factory. $150

*E-Bay* '05 Fox 40RC2 (Just broken in) $750

*Sold* '05 Manitou Slider Plus $150

*Sold* Brand new SRAM X.9 2:1 shifter set $ 60

New Tioga High rise bar $20

*Sold* Slightly used 15mm Hadley hub built on singletrack $175 (did two runs and then flatted trashed rim, hub and spokes are like new!

New 203mm Shimano Brake rotor $20

*Sold* Front and rear Hayes disc brakes (2002) $25/ each

*Sold* Front and rear XT 4-disc brakes (2003) $35/each

A lot is gone, but I still some left. Stuck the 40 and the new SUV wheel on e-bay.
Sorry to hear about Snowshoe, can't believe they would cancel a race due to rain. My first national there was flowing creek for a trail!

Tried to send P.M. but your inbox is full.