Quantcast

My Slops

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
So here are a couple of pics I took of some dishes I did while working down south on the Canal du Midi:

Entree: Confit duck salad with grilled asparagus, hazelnut-roasted beetroot & baby watercress

Entree: Home-cured salmon gravlax on pickled cucumber with peach-white balsamic syrup, creme fraiche foam & smoked salmon roe

Entree: Goats cheese filo parcel on roasted fig & grape salad with walnut pesto & balsamic reduction

Mains: Prosciutto-wrapped pork filet on wild mushrooms and wilted cress

Dessert: Orange & vanilla Panna Cotta with port-poached figs & fresh raspberries

The pics were taken on my phone, so excuse the quality...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Why is high-end food built like a little tower the past several years? You hit it with a fork and everything explodes.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
The food looks good, but Im pretty sure I could eat about 6 servings of each item in a meal.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
wow. i feel so uncultured. how the hell do you eat that stuff? i'd want to take it home and show it off to people.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
That food looks excellent, but like dustin I am not sure where to start eating on those. Could you fly me out so I could take some lessons?

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
The English would probably batter and deep fry it...
I've only heard of two English dishes that being fish and chips and bangers and beans. They both look and sound like when the cook was preparing them he threw his hands in the air and said 'F this I don't give a damn any more'.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Why is high-end food built like a little tower the past several years? You hit it with a fork and everything explodes.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Not to mmmmake fffffun of yyyyyyour sssssssstutter there stinky, but I don't know... Food fashions come and go eh?

I feel the whole idea is to smash it up with your fork until it resembles normal food, then shovel it in...

And as for Fish & Chips, damn they be good. But then the Poms get it into their heads to smother it all with mashed peas (???) and gravy. Weirdos.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Case in point:

This is how we eat them in NZ:

It is food you buy down at the beach wrapped up in a newspaper parcel. Damn good.

...and here is what the poms do to it:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
^that does not look like gravy.
& what the hell is a pom?

Oh & the grub looks dank. You can deal me some meal anytime.