Quantcast

My Snowshoe Review

BigClyde

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Greenville, SC
Well, let's just say that the weekend of the 27-28 was far from the best conditions. It rained pretty much all day Friday and Saturday. The rain didn't hinder our efforts however. Saturday the 27 found us beginning at the drop park, very nice btw. We then headed down into Trail B. Slick as snot on a glass doorknob! The wooden berms were wild and the structures looked to be solid, but it was just a little too wet.

We then decided to head over to the DH side and shuttle the rest of the day. We hit the sport DH, Ball n Jack, Sweet Dreams, Powerline, the Pro DH, and a couple of offshoot trails that I don't remember names for. We all loved the trails and were just begging to be able to ride them in good conditions. The pro course dry must be one hell of a good time. Rock drops all over the place...a lot fun even wet. We stayed on this side all day Sunday as well.

I say to all you Snowshoe workers and riders, you have a great place. I wish we didn't have to drive 7 hours to enjoy it.

I do have a couple of question/suggestions/critiques. Now before I say anything else, let me state this: I am not flaming! This is a forum so I hope everyone won't mind a few ideas being shared.

Second, I am not a great rider. I love riding and have been doing for about 4 years, but I am mediocre. I have ridden Wintergreen, Diablo, and Whistler, but no move I have ever done would make anyone think I was the next in line to win Monster Park.

Here are my thoughts, only my opinion based on one experience and only given in a desire to help the trails:

1. Signage/Trail Maps are a little rough. Specifically the freeride side of the trail map...unreadable. Also, the signage at the bottom of the DH side is horrible. If there are not regulars there or if you haven't been there before you don't know where to go. Now, maybe I am an idiot and no one else has had this problem, but for the idiots a few simple large print signs showing where to go to meet the shuttle would be great. Or put that info on the trail map. Or maybe the shop staff could volunteer that info. I know that as a rider I could have asked for more info, but come on I was ready to ride.

2. Powerline trail...I know this has been discussed on this forum before so I won't make this long, but I was really disappointed. I learned how to do tables only this summer at Whistler and was looking forward to more practice. This trail appears to be several seasons old and it has just been built. There is no real flow or rythym to it. The best section has three tables in a row, however, the third table is oddly built. The landing tranny is humped. I don't understand that. The design is dangerous...why not just extend the same tranny all the way down? It would work for both lips on the take off. This should be addressed.

3. This is a question. Why weren't the freeride trails built on the DH side? I'm sure there is an answer I am not aware of, I was just curious. It would seem then that you could use the Western Express lift to reach all of the trails. I ask this also because the runs on the Ballhooter side are so short.

4. I have a comment for the rental staff and shop. My friend bent a handlebar and the shop wanted him to spend $70 on a replacement. The bar was a Kona DH and the replacement bar was a Hussefelt. 70 bucks? I know you are in retail but come on...Both of those bars are easily found for $35. 100% markup seems a little steep even for a bike shop.

Even with sucky weather we had a blast. I stand ready now to be bludgeoned for giving my opinion.

thespackler

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
2. What? I thought Powerline was the "a-line" of the east. What happened to all those posts in this forum? From what I hear, 'powerline' is embarassing!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Well um considering everyone that worked at snowshoe never said it was the aline of the east and everyone said it was bad and needed reworking and needed to be rebuilt doesn't somehow translate to the aline of the east.

The mark up in the bike shop is nothing to do with the bike program it is all the retail people at snowshoe we all know it is dumb but thats how they set it up.

stoneysnake

Monkey
May 24, 2002
easy living, wv
i'd rather not have powerline than to hear all the whining about it. but then again i don't think you can have a trail and not hear whining about it on here.

the bar was a holzfeller and we can't use the bike without a handlebar and that was all we had in the shop.

does the sign at the bottom with an arrow that says "to shuttle" not offer enough info. there is also not only a trail name sign at every trailhead but also a 3' policy sign. how can trails be better marked? and the map was done by gps.

the "freeride" trails are on the basin side of the mountain because the lift is also used for access to the lake so not all of the financial responsibility falls on the mtb program and the lift already ran 7 days a week for that reason. pretty smart i think.

as far as embarrassing ridemonkey here lately seems like nothing but whining and complaining either about racing or this mountain and that mountain. that's embarrassing. seems to me that most people take for granted the risks and work a mountain takes on for you to have a place to ride. i don't care where i ride i'm just thankful the place makes the effort to allow me to do so.

these are my thoughts only they have nothing to do with snowshoe mtn.

BigClyde

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Greenville, SC
Motomike thanks for a great response to a forum---that is an open sharing of ideas...he thanked me for my view and moved on.

Stoneysnake, thanks for the info on the basin side. That does make a lot of sense to share the financial burden. As for signage, especially the shuttle, there are two yellow signs indicating where to go for the shuttle, however, once you leave the final section of singletrack over the carpeted bridge there is nothing...again maybe I am the idiot and couldn't figure out that after the final sign I was supposed to pedal to the end of the gravel road turn left pedal to the intersection turn right and then turn right into the parking lot and see the bus.

As for the bar, Mobius thanks for the honesty about the markup. Bottom line...the bike shop is a business and not there to serve me or my friend the best deal. However, it seems to me that if you rent out a fleet you should be ready for damage of components. A kona DH bar and a Holzfeller bar are not comparable. If I break an LX der and all the shop has is an XTR does that mean I need to pay the difference?

As for powerline, I never heard it called A line of the east and I don't know the dude in the thread that said that. I also think that it is a positive thing to share what I thought about the trail especially the third table that is potentially dangerous.

Stoneysnake, I hope your reference to whining was not towards me. I only gave my opinion on few items about the place. Ultimately, I supported snowshoe with the purchase of lift tickets, 2 night condo stay, food, bike shop purchase, break pad purchase, etc. I drove 7 hours to ride what you and your crew created. If you can look at other people and pinpoint that they are whiners or complainers just because they give negative feedback then perhaps you need to open up your mind a little bit and realize that these opinions may help the mountain and the mountain bike community.

I gave feedback from my trip to Wintergreen to one of the builders and thanked me for it. I met him there when we went riding. I email'd my feedback to Diablo and received the same response, thanks. I gave my opinion here and didn't quite receive the same. In both of my posts, I have stated in them that I could be wrong, but they were just my ideas. Hopefully, I will come back to Snowshoe in better conditions and see what it is really like and perhaps post some different thoughts, I guess I will have to try to make them all positive.

I think I'm going to return to just reading posts and looking at pictures...ideas and criticism are too inflammatory.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
stoneysnake said:
i'd rather not have powerline than to hear all the whining about it. but then again i don't think you can have a trail and not hear whining about it on here.

the bar was a holzfeller and we can't use the bike without a handlebar and that was all we had in the shop.

does the sign at the bottom with an arrow that says "to shuttle" not offer enough info. there is also not only a trail name sign at every trailhead but also a 3' policy sign. how can trails be better marked? and the map was done by gps.

the "freeride" trails are on the basin side of the mountain because the lift is also used for access to the lake so not all of the financial responsibility falls on the mtb program and the lift already ran 7 days a week for that reason. pretty smart i think.

as far as embarrassing ridemonkey here lately seems like nothing but whining and complaining either about racing or this mountain and that mountain. that's embarrassing. seems to me that most people take for granted the risks and work a mountain takes on for you to have a place to ride. i don't care where i ride i'm just thankful the place makes the effort to allow me to do so.

these are my thoughts only they have nothing to do with snowshoe mtn.

Stoneysnake has a very valid point. I have yet to here a comment like, "I ride whistler, but Snowshoe is a lot of fun, great crew." Is it that F'n hard to be positive?

The bashing of different place other than your own "backyard", as it were, is getting F'n old.

I am man enough to admit that I have been caught up with all the bull$hit. I love to ride. I don't ride fast. I enjoy what I do. I enjoy the warm welcomes that I have received and continue to receive from all of the folks involved with the different courses I have had the pleasure of embarrassing myself.

BigClyde's post was done without the guise of flaming or insulting, great job dude. :thumb:

The answer is simple, if you have nothing nice to say, shut the F up. If you want to flame, shut the F up.

I have a gripe, and can post it without being a pr*ck. Some of the tactics of the shops I have seen are a bit on the no customer oriented side.

I was sold some goggles that didn't fog. They didn't fog at all, great goggles. But the ultimate reason for buying Goggles was to keep the mud out of my eyes so I can see. When I bought the goggles, it came with tear off's. When I went back to get some tear offs, I was told they sold out the day before. Now whats wrong with that scenario?

You might say having had know that that I may not have spent $60.00 on goggles that I could not use. But as you say, such is the state of retail, and that fact scenario certainly by NO means whatsoever reflects the efforts of the trail builders and all involved on the riding side of life.

That can be considered a proper gripe and the proper way to address it. Not "Snowshoe and all the dudes up there suck because I bought goggle that I couldn't get tear off's too!" A statement like that is just asking for an a$$ kicking.

I like the Stoneysnakes approach, confront the flamers every chance you get. 99.9% of them back down and back peddle immediately! Just my 2 cents. If you don't like my opinion, shut the F up! :p :D

Snowshoe was some of the most fun I have had in damn near 2 years! Thanks guys!

thespackler

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
He may have confronted me, but he didnt have anything to say of value. Most of the riders in this forum (snowshoe employees or not) hyped up powerline and ALOT of you called it "east coast a-line". The moral of the story is that the trail sucks now, always has and during nationals there were people in the pits who werent locals saying how much the place is sucking this year. Its probably a good reason why theres been a drop in attendance. Go ahead, 'confront' me again....but you certainly cant deny the facts.

Even the dreaded wintergreen has been busier than snowshoe.

Sep 29, 2004
I'm going to have to sya the people at snowshoe really make the place great. I remember i took my bike in to get the brke levers replaced and the guy didnt even charge me for parts, just 20 bucks for labor. Also, i got pretty badly injured there 2 weeks ago and the staff there were champs and helped me out alot. stay ballin snowshoe staff

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
thespackler said:
He may have confronted me, but he didnt have anything to say of value. Most of the riders in this forum (snowshoe employees or not) hyped up powerline and ALOT of you called it "east coast a-line". The moral of the story is that the trail sucks now, always has and during nationals there were people in the pits who werent locals saying how much the place is sucking this year. Its probably a good reason why theres been a drop in attendance. Go ahead, 'confront' me again....but you certainly cant deny the facts.

I had NO idea you were confronted by anyone. I was also speaking in general terms, and not directed my comments to anyone or anyplace in particular. More of a generalization, really.

It does bring up the point though, that posting any commentary requires a legal disclaimer...:rolleyes:

cove

Chimp
Aug 31, 2005
i'm with bigclyde on this one. people that work at snowshoe did compare powerline to a-line, end of disccusion. i've ridden a-line at whistler for several years, and powerline sucks ass in comparison. the guy that compared it is sombody they call banche, who ever he is, i do know he works at snowshoe.

this should clear things up:

banche said:
well gang things are going great here at snowshoe!! other than the 9 inches of snow we got yesterday things are on the move. we have 3 new trails finished on the western side, and we have started the A line!! the new trails have a wide range of styles,from fast and wide open,to tight and techy,to out right hare ball. yes hare like the rabbit.i think everyone is going to love it all. the staff will be made up of all riders. some beg.,some novice,and some pro!! we will try to post some pics soon.there are already some on ridesnowshoemtn.com. the kat in the orange fuel shirt is stoneysnake!!! hope to see everyone there this year.we won't be there for the opening, we'll be at the US OPEN!!!
banche said:
the only thing i can say about the powerline is it will live up to its big brother !!! believe me!! see everyone at massanutten!!
i read this earlier this year and thought it was stupid to say it compared, you can tell by looking at the pics that were posted with the thread that these quotes came from, that the jumps are tiny.

i also have ridden at snowshoe a couple of times this year and had a wonderful experience, eventhough powerline sucked.

here's the link to whole thread that the statements were made in
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117165&highlight=banche

stoneysnake

Monkey
May 24, 2002
easy living, wv
READ: Having some computer problems, Ridemonkey won't let stoneysnake log out. This is AlmostHeaven under stoneysnake's screenname.

cove said:
people that work at snowshoe did compare powerline to a-line, end of disccusion. i've ridden a-line at whistler for several years, and powerline sucks ass in comparison.

what 'people'? looks like only ONE PERSON to me...

good job with the research too, i'm glad to see someone has wasted precious amounts of their life trying to prove a dumbass comment that probably shouldn't have been made in the first place. what exactly is your goal for all this childish nonsense?

alright, now we ALL know (and many of us have) that Powerline doesn't come close to comparing to A-Line. it needs tremendous amounts of work, and if you knew how much the trail crew has been working their ASSES off this summer, you'd know why there isn't any spare time to fix it. between the not-so-great weather right now and having to spend almost 3 months on Monstarr Park (not to mention work for IBO,Demo Days,absolutely necessary trail maintenance and NORBA), that doesn't leave a very big window of oppurtunity.

thespackler said:
dude - you are one of the most moronic people on this forum. you have NOTHING positive to say, always have the whiniest, cry-babiest arguments and never any PROOF to back them up! what is your problem? i already know you worship Diablo and the trail builders there,so that must be the majority of your bias. do you have something against someone here at Snowshoe personally or are you really just THAT jealous? SK6 has a few very good points; how come you can't just appreciate the fact that you've got more than enough AWESOME riding within driving distance from you? come here on a weekend with great weather and i believe your dumbass opinion will change. you've only ridden here once or twice and from what i remember, it was raining both times. there is no way to please everyone so i suggest you either come to your senses and act like a half-way decent human or don't bother showing your hypocritical face around here - again.

thespackler said:
HAHA. you just don't stop do you? another ri-gotdern-diculous accusition with NO PROOF. i would pay money to see some numbers of WG's BUSIEST day of the year compared to a fairly slow day here. besides only being open on the weekends, WG has had a 75% decrease in riders since we were doing work constantly a few years ago. Sure, there were days when 50 riders would show up and days when none would. Snowshoe has 5 times the amount of riding that WG will ever have.

i hope this doesn't turn into another WG vs Snowshoe thread, i am just stating the facts ,something that thestickler doesn't know about.

the bottom line is this. there is no point in bitching and moaning anymore about ANY place to ride. a place to ride, lift-accesed or not, is a damn place to ride. period. so quit the pointless whining about stuff that NO ONE can help, stop sitting in front of the computer trying to be a badass, have some fun and RIDE YOUR BIKE!

this is Ridemonkey, not Whinemonkey.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
HAW! I hope this thread keeps going..it's like Homer Simpson and Beavis swapping headbutts...fun to watch but utterly useless.

Snowshoe has trails to ride and lifts and buses and lets people ride their mountain when 95% of the world has banned us from their land! The trails go downhill...frankly I could give a damn about signs as I am used to being in the woods and finding my way out. I loved the course muddy or wet for the race and I'm gonna sleep on Brad's couch for hte September race if he'll let me...and kick his knee for fun.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
I've been looking forward to riding Snowshoe but there's definitely things in this thread (and others of similar subject) that put me off.

Firstly, by separating people from their cash in exchange for use of the SS facilities those who pay can rightfully comment, gripe, and b*tch all they want. The same as if you paid a plumber, a doctor, a go-cart track, etc etc. These are customers, not people you gratefully invited to your backyard to ride for free.

The responses to customers by people associated (in some way) with SS aren't so great for PR. As a business owner and someone familiar with how forums can affect business, I think it's shortsighted of SS to even allow people associated with it to post in threads like these. It's just bad customer relations and for someone like me who isnt a customer yet but looking forward to being one, it tends to sour things before they even get started.

Ultimately I like to remember that SS or any resort is in the business of making money. No one (myself included) recognizes when they are being a d*ck, but even d*cks have money, and when someone takes mine (be a d*ck or not) I want to feel like I was treated well, listened to if I have comments, and not preached at like I should be grateful to have them around to take my money.

Is this a flame? Certainly not. But is it criticism directed towards SS or at least the people who represent it here? Yes.

I'm happy that places like SS exist, and hope they remain around long enough for me to enjoy (or that I'm around long enough to enjoy them judging by the way I ride), but think about how this all appears to people not all wrapped up in the debate and perhaps reserve your comments for when they can be exchanged between likeminded people behind customers' backs. ;)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Bottom line is...if you bust your ass on something like the Snowshoe diggers do to receive nothing more than online thank you's or disses.....you can tell people to F*** off....because they didn't bother to build it.
See, the guys who are digging up at Snowshoe...would just go someplace else and dig if they got tired of it. Their loyalty is to a trail.

THEIR LOYALTY is not to some corporation or resort. They don't build a frigging thing for you....your consumers...or anybody else...they build trails for themselves.

So personally, I say they can tell all of you to F***ing eat it if you don't like something about the park. If they didn't build whatever they decide to build, you wouldn't even notice them. If you want to influence the park, write a letter to the resort and the park supervisor about things you'd like to see modified. They're the ones making money off of you...not the employees in the bike shop and not the trailbuilders.

We're all big boys here...and we can all do whatever we want.

BigClyde

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Greenville, SC
What bothers me about all of this is that we are presupposing that any type of criticism is bad. When I was in Whistler, a guy watched me do a drop at the drop park and then commented on my lack of form and helped me see what I could do better. He wasn't there for himself or the trail he was just another rider trying to improve another rider. I appreciated it.

Bizutch, I have seen a lot of your posts and your attitude in this one seems completely out of character. As someone who has talked about racing and places to ride, etc. Why in the world would you want to support people who are only about themselves? Why would you not want input from users and consumers of your product that you prize so highly (speaking of SS trailbuilders)? If I spend all this time working and grooming a trail and some rider says, "I would love to see a bigger lip on jump #2," why is that an insult? It is an opinion, and it might even be a good one, or it might be a horrible one. Either way, listening is the only way to determine its validity.

I daresay that looking at many of these online arguments that involve flaming you will rarely find someone say, "you know what you just said makes sense." Or, "good opinion, but we can't do anything about it." Or, "thanks for letting us know what you think about that tranny we will work on it." More often, the immediate response is defense and throwing out the trump card of flaming. Why, because we assume criticism is bad.

I disagree with your bottom line, the bottom line is...I can have an opinion, I can share it, It can be looked at as just an opinion, It can be validated or it can be denied. But I hardly see how telling someone to F***ing eat it assists either the rider, builder, resort, park, or shop.

Why not try taking a moment to look at criticism as a way to improve things, an idea given by another source, another rider that may make a trail or riding destination that much better.

Maybe I am a little be too much of an idealist, but I would like to think that any riding establishment would want and desire the feedback of its users.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
:evil: :devil: Awww....man.....I always gots to es plane myselff mang...

that was all a bunch of sarcasm...I'm just button pushing in this one!!! All fun and games for me.
Kalen blows goats. :devil: :evil:

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Critisism = Progress Whining = Annoying If you think something should be changed or modified, figure out a way to do it, not just by complaining about it, give ideas on what can be done.....landing transitions are not supposed to be convex but concave. If something isnt to your liking figure out what you would do to change it and then suggest that. End Rant

cove

Chimp
Aug 31, 2005
stoneysnake said:
READ: Having some computer problems, Ridemonkey won't let stoneysnake log out. This is AlmostHeaven under stoneysnake's screenname.

what 'people'? looks like only ONE PERSON to me...

good job with the research too, i'm glad to see someone has wasted precious amounts of their life trying to prove a dumbass comment that probably shouldn't have been made in the first place. what exactly is your goal for all this childish nonsense?

alright, now we ALL know (and many of us have) that Powerline doesn't come close to comparing to A-Line. it needs tremendous amounts of work, and if you knew how much the trail crew has been working their ASSES off this summer, you'd know why there isn't any spare time to fix it. between the not-so-great weather right now and having to spend almost 3 months on Monstarr Park (not to mention work for IBO,Demo Days,absolutely necessary trail maintenance and NORBA), that doesn't leave a very big window of oppurtunity.
almostheaven you seem to be very young, your immaturity shows in your posts. immaturity is not bad a thing, it's just a sign of growing up. i first noticed this in some of your other posts, but that's beside the point. thank you for noticeing my research skills, that is what i do for a living. also, thank you for noticing that i used the plural "people" when i should have used "person. i was trying to clear up something that was said by a ss employee/builder. the majority of rm/ss people were saying that it was never said by a ss employee, but it was.

you may aslo want to watch how you represent ss since you work there. since you are an employee the way that you speak represents the organazation as a whole. i am aslo very glad that you wasted some of your 'precious life' replying to a comment i made in a public web forum. i am not sure if i'll make back to ss this year, i hope too though, i just hope the negative vibes that some of the ss staff are portraying mellow out over time. i had no 'goal' in stating something that needed to be said. i am sorry that i am part of this web forum war. i have been surfing rm as a guest for 2 years, then i decided to join - i am starting to wonder why.

i am very grateful of the work that the ss trailbulders put in this year (this is a positive comment), i felt that needed a disclaimer, since a lot of people are only focusing on the negative, never positive. a lot of people have left constuctive criticism and it was taken negtively. banche asked earlier in the year on rm for things that they would like to see, and things they would liked changed, and now no one wants to here it, sort of hypocrtical; is it not.

where i am from, the mtb scene is a lot more laid back, i think you guys should try to relax and listen to other peoples comments before you start ranting.

thespackler

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
You cant really fault the snowshoe trail people...they try real hard, im sure....but they are a product of their environment...im sure they have some level of skill in the backwoods, hence why most of the stuff at snowshoe seems like backwoods style stuff. hence, the reason why powerline is falling apart already and other wooden features are as wide as the altantic city boardwalk. just a few questions...... isnt snowshoe owned by intrawest? big crazy company right? isnt Diablo privately owned? how is it that some little resort in NJ can build a pretty sick jumpline when its privately owned yet, snowshoe with all of its corporate power has flailed?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Diablo isn't privately owned they rent the resort but yeah their trail crew is dedicated like no other.

Just disregard samson (almostheaven) and don't relate his stupidity to snowshoe. :p The bull just gets fired up easy.

cove

Chimp
Aug 31, 2005
AlmostHeaven said:
:rolleyes:

why did you decide on another screen name Spackler? did the other get banned?
shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere? are you bipolar or schizophrenic, because this not spackler.

that's an interesting comment for someone in your position to make. since i've been on business here in va/md the past month i have talked and ridden with some other people from rm. they tell me that you were banned some time ago, and that almostheaven is none other than racer-x.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
thespackler said:
....but they are a product of their environment...im sure they have some level of skill in the backwoods, hence why most of the stuff at snowshoe seems like backwoods style stuff. hence, the reason why powerline is falling apart already and other wooden features are as wide as the altantic city boardwalk. ...
here's hoping you get your ass handed to you in a brown paper bag by the fellas, you asshat.... :thumb:

thespackler

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
I'll be just fine...thank you for your concern.

Seriously though. Answer this... Why is Powerline such a disaster?

Ok...I'll answer it for you. Its obvious that your 'fellas' didnt really have a clue in the first place, thats why they had to hire "Schaums"....ooooh..

Second, who ever build the trail... again, probably your "fellas" didnt know what they were doing because the trail fell apart way too quick. ie...that trail was ghetto from the beggining and destined to fall apart. hence my backwoods comment. Actually, they probably arent 'backwoods'.....more like 'backdoor' judging by their comments.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Just a reminder, the rules are a sticky in the "Virginia and surrounding areas".

Please read if you have not already.

We are here to ride, and have fun. RM is going to be clamping down on the flaming.

drt_jumper was right on the money:

drt_jumper said:
Critisism = Progress Whining = Annoying
If you can’t adhere to the rules, then don’t post, if you can’t post without being a dick, then you’ll get the boot. Simple.

For those that have to deal with this shit, I’m sorry.

This post is NOT directed at anyone specific!!! just a reminder.

And oh yeah, if Kalen blows goats, does it really matter if the goats are happy? :D

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
sirknight6 said:
Just a reminder, the rules are a sticky in the "Virginia and surrounding areas".

Please read if you have not already.

We are here to ride, and have fun. RM is going to be clamping down on the flaming.

drt_jumper was right on the money:

If you can’t adhere to the rules, then don’t post, if you can’t post without being a dick, then you’ll get the boot. Simple.

For those that have to deal with this shit, I’m sorry.

This post is NOT directed at anyone specific!!! just a reminder.

And oh yeah, if Kalen blows goats, does it really matter if the goats are happy? :D

doood! don't reveal his training secret, its 'essence of goat' that made kalen fast in the first place!

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
thespackler said:
I'll be just fine...thank you for your concern.

Seriously though. Answer this... Why is Powerline such a disaster?

Ok...I'll answer it for you. Its obvious that your 'fellas' didnt really have a clue in the first place, thats why they had to hire "Schaums"....ooooh..

Second, who ever build the trail... again, probably your "fellas" didnt know what they were doing because the trail fell apart way too quick. ie...that trail was ghetto from the beggining and destined to fall apart. hence my backwoods comment. Actually, they probably arent 'backwoods'.....more like 'backdoor' judging by their comments.
haha what a douche. you LOVE pushing peoples buttons don't you!?

i can't believe you waste this much time on the internet just trying to get a rise out of some 'backwoods fellas'. i'm glad i work fairly often and have a chance to keep up with this nonsense on the computer.
you must really have a thing for us 'fellas' to pay so much attention to us, huh?

the sad thing is that Snowshoe was aspiring to build a trail that meets the extremely high standards of 'those who complain about trails and can't ride them in the first place.' thespackler seems to be the Pres of that group,and it's a shame that Snowshoe couldn't live up to his requirements. :nuts:

look on the bright side, at least we'll NEVER see Spackler here again!

YEEE-HAAWW!! :evil: :thumb:
now...where is my sister?...

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
i suspect a few things:
a) hes a total net poser tool that doesn't ride
b) if he does ride, he couldn't ride his way out of a wet paper bag
c) a trip to the local 7-11 is his definition of eXtreMe RiDiNg
d) all of the above

edit:
spudler, since you seem to know EvErYtHiNg about constructing a trail and have an EnOrMoUs amount of time to bitch about it, why don't you grace snowshoe with your presence and show that goat blower kalen how to build a trail...im quite certain he would just LOVE to meet you...