Ghetto Tensioner
White Industries 180mm Cranks
White Industries Freewheel
Riser Bar from a fellow monkey
Blue Oury Grips
Specialized Tires
A different Saddle
FSA DH Pro Headset (haha)

Should be an awesome bike. Here is a picture of the bike. Got it all stripped down and ready for new parts. The old parts from this are for sale in my signature. Enjoy. Keep updated for the final picture.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Do you need any of these 'new'parts you speak of? I've got a Surly Rear hub, well... it's a wheel, that's just sitting around. (non-disc) I could let it go pretty cheap. It's a silver 32h. Let me know.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Whats cheap? I work at a shop so getting parts isnt a problem and my mechanic is building me my wheelset. He does a good job at it and all I have to do it make him cookies. Haha.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
rpk1988 said:
Whats cheap? I work at a shop so getting parts isnt a problem and my mechanic is building me my wheelset. He does a good job at it and all I have to do it make him cookies. Haha.
That's a good deal. I work(ed) at a shop when I got mine, so I got the same deal, but built my wheels, so no cookies. Since you're lacing them up to matching rims, I'd say go your route. I'd rather not delace this wheel. (I've got enough wheels/rims already lying around) I'm sure someone will need a SS non-disc wheel at some point.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
peter6061 said:
That's a good deal. I work(ed) at a shop when I got mine, so I got the same deal, but built my wheels, so no cookies. Since you're lacing them up to matching rims, I'd say go your route. I'd rather not delace this wheel. (I've got enough wheels/rims already lying around) I'm sure someone will need a SS non-disc wheel at some point.
True. Why wont you just sell em? Cookies are good currency at my work.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
rpk1988 said:
True. Why wont you just sell em? Cookies are good currency at my work.
You sound just like one of my buddies, who's always telling me to sell off most of my 'stuff' I don't use anymore. I'm working on it slowly.

Maybe I'll just take a picture of everything and start asking for offers. I took some pics of some of the frames last weekend and posted one. I should post the rest and get this stuff out. We'll see what the weather does this next weekend.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea I figure now is the time to sell stuff because of spring coming around. Check in my signature for all the stuff off the Stumpy that is for sale. You could def. sell that Surly wheelset, those things are sweet.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
My experience with that type of fork hasn't been pleasant, i'm not heavy and they would bend at the crown frequently. I'd advise getting something along the lines of the kona jump fork if you're doing real off road riding, i'm not sure about their regular P2. otherwise sounds great.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
What are you talking about Creep? (haha that sounds funny) This isnt going to be my huck/jump bike, but more my lets get a freaking good workout/ride to college bike. I already have a Specialized P.1 for the jumping part. And I have a full sussie for the times when I just want to ride and not worry about anything.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
More new parts. Enjoy. I also got my wheels built up but it was too dark for a picture. White Industries stuff = pure sex.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
P2 as in kona Project-2 fork. kona has 4 versions for this year, jump, single butted disc, single butted canti, triple butted road. i find those cheap tapered forks, cromo or otherwise to be pretty ****ty.

do you happen to know what spline patern it is that white uses on the chainring?

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Whatcha mean? You can problem count how many teeth it has in the pictures. I cant get over how freakin polished these things are. Trust me, if you buy anything from them, you will not be disappointed.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
i was just wondering if theose chainrings might be interchangeable with say shimano, or middleburn. and t'were it shimano which crank would it be, i'm fairly certain that they've used different spline patterns on their cranks between old xtr and the 2pc cranks of late.
Beyond that i'm asking because i'd like to see spline driven chainwheels become standard to some degree, but with so many variations on the theme i don't know which would be best to pursue. dmr has a set now too, which added another variation.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea. These cranks are really nice and well worth the $180 price tag. They are super mirrored polished as seen in the picture, machined well and pretty light.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Haha, well Dave you havent seen an updated picture. I got a full new wheelset. I wouldnt even consider it junk because everything on that used to be on the bike and the frame its self are sweet. Haha. We will see how it holds up.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Put that parts kit on a different frame and I'd consider it damn sexy. Actually the frame looks pretty good too. That fork is a little suspect though. I'm sure it's going to be a nice ride when you get it finished.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea, at some point, I will put a suspension fork on there. But there is purple on the frame and the fork is purple so it looks cool. I will ride it at Patapsco, but its mainly going to be a commuter bike/just cruising bike.