Quantcast

My street Killer

quickfeet18

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
This is my addict that went from dual slalom racing duty to winter street/ park riding.

I changed out the forks cranks bars stem seat seatpost and chain.

I think it is awesome and it rides amazing.

I would really like to know what you think about the bike!

I love the feel of the steel fork and bars and because of this am seriously in the market for a new steel frame...

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
I think it looks fine. I don't personally like the following:

1. Stem/handlebar combo. Not a fan of the curved down stem with big rise bars. I think you could accomplish the same bar height with a different set-up.

2. Not a fan of the boxed headtube/toptube/downtube weld area.

My other hang-up is a frame that uses a rear disk and has unused brake/derailler line tabs and brake bosses. I know why they are there, but it bugs me to death to have a SS, disc frame with extra tabs..

Not hatin' at all. Just my personal flava...

quickfeet18

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
I am not a fan of the box seat and chainstays myself but the integrated chain tensioners are worth their weight in gold. I like the bar stem because I wanted the 50mm reach and a little bit taller bars than 2 inches but not a fill three. With this set up I got 2 and 5/8th rise, plus I think it look great.

as far as what frames I am looking at, I am currently ordering frame pieces to build my own steel frame so we'll see...

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
righteous steed broham. slice & dice that bad boy, got'sa lot'sa tabs & stuff to shave. ;)

just curious, what is the bandana for? I've seen it on seatposts before too and was just wondering.

like the seat too. mines starting to fray all around the pivotal gash though.

that's really cool you're thinking of tackling the frame building action too! Are you gonna make yourself up a little jig?

quickfeet18

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
I work at a shop and my boss says he knows someone who is selling a jig that was professionally made but you never know with that stuff.

I like the kink seat too but it holds dirt and water like none other so I don't know how long it will stay there. I may go for a primo pivotal, I think they feel good but are pretty big.

I definitely need to do some shaving and repainting but I am trying to decide how much work I am going to put into this frame at the moment merely because I am working on putting something new together.

quickfeet18

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
I just wanted to post the next thing that will go on the bike as soon as I find a rim for this...

should be cool