Quantcast

My Sundays Pivot Is Stuck

dh415

Chimp
Dec 6, 2006
novato
Hey guys I have a 2007 Iron Horse Sunday and the lower pivot that goes through the bottom of the shock apears to be stuck or I just dont know the trick to get it out. If anyone knows of a way to get it out please let me know. :banghead:

Hey guys I have a 2007 Iron Horse Sunday and the lower pivot that goes through the bottom of the shock apears to be stuck or I just dont know the trick to get it out. If anyone knows of a way to get it out please let me know. :banghead:
the best friend to your sunday is a steel hammer :bonk:

take out one of the bolts that holds it together, find another much longer bolt, wind it into the thread about 10 mm
and give it a couple of good hits with the hammer.

that will sort it - i have hit many a sunday with a steel hammer for the win :brows:

hope that sorts it for ya

btw, when you put the new hardware in or the old existing, use a bit of grease to help it slide back in place

CarlE

Monkey
Jan 7, 2008
Long Island, NY
Remove the bolt from the expanding side of the shock pin and then the non-expanding side. Then it's just a matter of tapping it out towards the expanding side usually with a bolt threaded in a little ways like is mentioned above.