Quantcast

My Sundays Pivot Is tuck

dh415

Chimp
Dec 6, 2006
novato
Hey guys I have a 2007 Iron Horse Sunday and the lower pivot that goes through the bottom of the shock apears to be stuck or I just dont know the trick to get it out. If anyone knows of a way to get it out please let me know.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Check the gigantic sticky at the top of the page (info on the first and last page), or the tech drawings on the IH site.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Hey guys I have a 2007 Iron Horse Sunday and the lower pivot that goes through the bottom of the shock apears to be stuck or I just dont know the trick to get it out. If anyone knows of a way to get it out please let me know.
We've had a couple at Go-ride that the lower pin was bent and could not be removed by just pressing it out. I removed the large hex shape covers. I then loosened the allen head screws in the pivot. Then threaded a long M6 screw in the non-wedge side and hammered it a good ways out until the bend would not allow it to go further. Then cut off the portion sticking out. Then reversed the process the other direction, again cutting some out. Basically, every time you cut a bit off you remove the part that is bent the most. Eventually, it will pass through the shock eyelet to allow for removal. Obviously this will ruin the wedge pin and you will need a new one, but once they are bent you don't have a choice if you need to remove your shock.

Hopefully, yours isn't bent and can be tapped out with a long punch.