Quantcast

My take on NWD6

slang

Monkey
Apr 20, 2005
mtnbrider said:
I agree ^. I do wish they would have actually filmed A-line. I couldn't really tell that it was A-line. They could have zoomed out and filmed the jumps too, instead of just the air.
Good point, and this is also the basics of photography. 90% of shots you see in a (good) magazine will show both the jump and landing. This gives perspective to the viewer instead of having a "guy in the sky photo."

It's why watching NWD is painful for me, everything seems to be guy in the sky. Show everything to give the viewer a perspective of the location, the mood, the jump, and the difficulty of the trick.

Cinematography 101.

slang

Monkey
Apr 20, 2005
wow... i had a far better and more mature discussion on nsmb.

and i used to think RM was the more mature biking forum on the net. guess things have changed

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
motomike said:
It happened when they started the "freeride" forum.
Actually, it started about a week prior to the freeride forum, and that is why it was created.

Edit: Please don't forget that NSMB was worse then pinkbike not long ago. They completely shut down the forums for a few months, and then brought them back in much better shape.

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
University of Connecticut
im sorry but i didnt bother reading pages 2-4 because after one small argument started of course it ended up turning into a huge one....this is just like a bad relationship....

I think what we should see if we could get a new charity fund going alright where all of us pool our money together like go-ride is doing for the bounty, and we try to make a lot of money. what we do next is we tell Bear Claw to try a triple backflip yes a triple THAts 3 flips off a big jump and/or drop alright see and if he lands it we give him the charity money but if he doesnt we give the hospital the charity money for when he breaks his neck. Lets just say we got him really stoned and he decided to do it and landed it, now how cool would that be, no bmxer has done a triple back flip and Freeriders will be on tv because Bear Claw did a triple back flip off a big jump and/or big drop which would make the bmx kids go WOW, which would also raise the bar for everyone and the bar is about here now | but a triple back flip would raise the bar around here | meaning there would be a big gap of space between the bar now and the bar after Bear Claw does a triple back flip , so that would encourage other people to go up to the bar where the bar was just raised so they can be awesome, but it will also mean that new upcoming riders will be able to jump inside the space between the bar now and the bar that will happen meaning theyll make money........so who's with me? just think about it NOTHING can go wrong alright.