Quantcast

%%%My Thursday GMT%%%

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Yes, today is my Thursday. Be envious of me. Yesterday I went to RI and did some inspections of houses and stuff from the right of way (road). Today I'm going to Trumbull to rock da hood.

Be safe out there.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
My Friday. Yay me.

Drank too many beers last night with friends in from out of town. First semi-hangover I've had in years. I am too old for this.

Coffee. Please.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HAPPY FREAKIN THURSDAY! :happydance:

Today is my Friday. Heading up to Vermont tomorrow morning with the wife to meet up with a bunch of drunk, smelly monkeys. Good times. I can't wait. Fortunately I have MOUNTAINS of work on my desk, so this day should go by fast.

I ran 13 miles after work yesterday, which is my longest run to date. Took me 2:04. I'd like to get the half marathon time down below two hours. I need to figure out some better pre-run nutrition because that's twice now that I've felt nauseous after long runs. I am guessing (and just a guess here) that I should probably start with actually eating something before running that far. :monkey:

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
Morning monkeys!

Yes, today is my Thursday. Be envious of me. Yesterday I went to RI and did some inspections of houses and stuff from the right of way (road). Today I'm going to Trumbull to rock da hood.

Be safe out there.
no way man today is my thursday to :thumb:. anyway yesterday i went and got my hair cut which sucked because i like looking like a "surfer dude":rolleyes:. today my new shock will be at work waiting for me :weee:, i will be testing it out tonight after work. CAN'T WAIT!!!

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Got my ass straight up handed to me by two of the racers from Cykloteket Race Team last night.

Ride started by climbing to the top of Hammerbybacken (ski run) where they said "wow, all 6 of you kept up", then 25K through Nacka Reserve at their pace. Average pace was around 18Kph, this tough on my Nickel (of course I was the only one NOT on an XC race rig), but I was able to breathe a bit on the techy sections. This was after commuting back and forth to work (20K), plus, I had to ride to Hammarby and back (another 20K). When I got home, I was defeated, destroyed, humbled....but I kept up.

I thought it was going to be a slow noob ride so I could learn the Nacka trail system, I was dead f'ing wrong.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Its been a week and I can still not get over my jetlag. Still keep waking up at night. Normally I do not drink coffee but I am on my second ice coffee already. I feel like I have been out drinking.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I don't run anymore but I'm still an expert...

For me, long runs in the evening where always harder on the body than in the mornings. Try your long runs early in the day but about 30 minutes after breakfast. For me the best breakfast was plain oatmeal with butter. Plain carbs for energy and fat to keep the stomach occupied.

HAPPY FREAKIN THURSDAY! :happydance:

Today is my Friday. Heading up to Vermont tomorrow morning with the wife to meet up with a bunch of drunk, smelly monkeys. Good times. I can't wait. Fortunately I have MOUNTAINS of work on my desk, so this day should go by fast.

I ran 13 miles after work yesterday, which is my longest run to date. Took me 2:04. I'd like to get the half marathon time down below two hours. I need to figure out some better pre-run nutrition because that's twice now that I've felt nauseous after long runs. I am guessing (and just a guess here) that I should probably start with actually eating something before running that far. :monkey:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:
Just woke up. That's right, today is my Saturday bitches. Did a yoga class for the first time last night, dear FSM, what a workout that was. Slept like the dead last night though and I feel as loose as I have felt in a long time. Looking forward to going again.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

For me, long runs in the evening where always harder on the body than in the mornings. Try your long runs early in the day but about 30 minutes after breakfast. For me the best breakfast was plain oatmeal with butter. Plain carbs for energy and fat to keep the stomach occupied.
QFT. If I don't run before 10 am, its probably not going to happen for me. I would be curious if there is some sort of physiological reason for that, or if I'm just being a putz.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

My weekends are reserved for riding, so long runs have to come during the week. I'm in work at 7:00 every morning and I have a 45 minute commute, so I am out the door at 6:00 AM. I can't fit a two hour run in before that. My only option is to run after work.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Rock climbing with the kids on tap for this weekend... I'd better find my climbing $hit.
Oh fun! Where and how old are.the kids?
Got new phones last night with hubby, loving my DROID! :) get to ride the next couple of data, stoked for half day tomorrow!
Make it a great day monkeys!
:thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Oh fun! Where and how old are.the kids?
Got new phones last night with hubby, loving my DROID! :) get to ride the next couple of data, stoked for half day tomorrow!
Make it a great day monkeys!
:thumb:
Kids are 10, almost 9, and 6. Spending the w/e at Elevenmile Canyon. Hoping to get the older two on one of the many moderate multi-pitch'ers down there...