Quantcast

My thursday Night ride , this time with Stosh.

splat

Nam I am
Well since I'm still on vacation down in Stoshes neck of the woods , he showed me more of his fun trails in stewart.

being just the 2 of us made it tough to get action shots .

but here is a nice off camber roller

this is the end of a long up hill and it ends with a quick step up though some rock. here Stosh is checking out the line

this was Stoshes first try at using my camera getting a picture of me going through the same rocks at the top of the hill.

Stosh watering a tree .

a good section of the trail we rode was the trail used by the darkhorse 40 , man that was a tough course. if it wasn't tough up hill it was gnarly decents. they would go up a steep and just keep going .I can't imagine racing on it .

On one of those steeps I had something happen that has never happened to me before , I thought I broke my chain, but it turned out my sram quick link came apart. this is the first time I have ever had this happen. I put it back together and continued on.
but her eis one of those steep's I think the race came down this but we went up it .

And these were some pretty fancy trails ! as we went along need a pit stop ? omly complaint , no newspaper.

and finally Me on a steep loose roller

thanks Stosh , your a great guide! lots of fun.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Looks like a sweet ride. Where are those trails?
All over the place. We rode some of the trails you and I rode the other day. I also found some single track from the race course, SPLAT and I were wondering how people did 40miles on the course.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
We need to see some of those next time. The first pic looks really good.
well usually we're on a limited time sched. at night so we can usually only afford to do one loop however I will sched. us to visit said location on the next trip.

:)

splat

Nam I am
robdamanii said:
We need to see some of those next time. The first pic looks really good.

there were a bunch more of those steep ups ( which We think we downs for the race ) , but It was amazing how many times they made you climb the same hill, go down 100 yards left go back up , 100 yards right go back down ,100 yards left ...........

also I forgot to mention , less than a hour before I met stosh , I was riding a Horse ! , then shortly after I got back from riding with stosh , I was sitting in the Hot tub. isn't vacation great :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
there were a bunch more of those steep ups ( which We think we downs for the race ) , but It was amazing how many times they made you climb the same hill, go down 100 yards left go back up , 100 yards right go back down ,100 yards left ...........

also I forgot to mention , less than a hour before I met stosh , I was riding a Horse ! , then shortly after I got back from riding with stosh , I was sitting in the Hot tub. isn't vacation great :D
Check you're PM's biatch!! :D