Quantcast

My town...

T-Blazer

Monkey
Jun 8, 2004
rochester,ny
Thanks to all who have enjoyed it. ive got another 6 miles to go. please stop by the shop for map and sign the town park waiver. Its even a blast with a few inches of snow.Thanks JD and Gumba. BTW Splat , the maze is very insanly compact single track.

Rock on
Victor

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
T-Blazer said:
Thanks to all who have enjoyed it. ive got another 6 miles to go. please stop by the shop for map and sign the town park waiver. Its even a blast with a few inches of snow.Thanks JD and Gumba. BTW Splat , the maze is very insanly compact single track.

Rock on
Victor
Nice we've had the tight twisty since a trail called Tapeworm got built. Now we've got many many other trails systems using the technique. It's amazing how much trail you can squeeze into a small area that way. There is one trail system out here that has well over 30 miles of singletrack in a very small area.
One trail called Toy Tree runs next to each other, if you were to cross over (we call that bushwhacking) you would skip out on over 2 miles of trail. Trails like that it's a constant battle to keep the bushwhack lines down and keep the trail continous.
Anyways just a comment when you do over 15 miles of tight twisty trails like that, it's very hard on the body. It's strange, but even climbing up the same mileage with thousands of feet climbing i feel looser. But the pain is sooo worth it, i love doing tight twisty XC.....

man how's that for some serious blah blah....

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
O sweet its cool if we ride it with some snow? How is that initial climb up with snow on it? Just worried about spinning out all the time which isn't much fun.

T-Blazer

Monkey
Jun 8, 2004
rochester,ny
The climb up can be a bit of a challenge, but its still a blast to clear the climbs. The snow has been getting packed down and is tricky on the switchbacks turns.

Victor

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Skookum said:
Nice we've had the tight twisty since a trail called Tapeworm got built. But the pain is sooo worth it, i love doing tight twisty XC.....

tapeworm is good skills builder. i just couldnt find the dirtjumps back in there