Quantcast

My transfer was approved!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
We had an opening in our housting authority unit at work (unit that works primarily in the housing projects but is also the only unit that could truly be considered a "bike unit" )

i put in for it after they have been recruiting me for the bike stuff for a while now. i got word yesterday that i made it and i'll start with them in a couple of weeks.

so what better job could i have! i get to keep my patrol car and do my normal fun patrol related stuff but i also get a lot more time to follow up on cases and most of all.....RIDE! i'll be issued all the new gear, however, i won't be taking one of their issued bikes, i'll still be riding my P2. They just recently got a grant for some sweet equipment, ie: wireless PDA's so we can submit reports in the field w/out having to be connected to our cars; super nice all-weather riding gear. and probably the best part of all is that ANYTHING i buy that is bike related is now considered work related therefore...tax deductible :thumb: :sneaky:

i've been riding on patrol off an on for about a year now but i was usually alone and didn't really have any particular function. now, with this new unit, i'll get to ride A LOT more and actually be able to show some results. i already have the respect of many housing authority residents after i chased a dude through the projects and hucked a 4' wall after some stairs to get in front of him. he just stopped dead in his tracks and laid down....in front of a growing crowd. probably my best moment ever! and now i get to do it full time! yeah PACIFIC BLUE! :D ;)

hells yeah!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
freakin sweet! one night during an urban ride we ran into a group of bike cops in training (around 20 of them) the proceeded to follow us around and watched (and videoed) in amazement as stair gaps, wallrides, etc were performed. they thought it was great!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
it's not "bike-only", we drive there in our cars and get more "in-depth" patrol ability on the bikes. much easier to catch open-air drug transactions on a bike. lookouts aren't looking for po-po on bikes so we can roll up on them before they ditch the dope. pretty fun IMO.

but yeah, i'll be extra careful ;)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Sweet! Congrats!!

Dang Manimal, you're the only cop who's job makes me want to be a cop! And as always, be careful out there. (We know you already are, we just like to remind you!)

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
manimal said:
it's not "bike-only", we drive there in our cars and get more "in-depth" patrol ability on the bikes. much easier to catch open-air drug transactions on a bike. lookouts aren't looking for po-po on bikes so we can roll up on them before they ditch the dope. pretty fun IMO.

but yeah, i'll be extra careful ;)
Congrats!
Your slalom skills shall be put to the test when chasing methheads, because they cannot run in a straight line.
Seriously, I am starting to see methheads out in public all the time now. Just yesterday at Lowes, they were three of them together, two of them looked like burn victims, and all three had those damn meth scabs all over them.