Quantcast

My trip to N8erland (includes a little bike content)

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
My X-mas present from Mrs. DNA was a trip down to N8erland to see the Independence Bowl (the University of Missouri is my alma mater and current workplace). I dropped N8 a line and he figured that he could find some time to take a :monkey: for a ride. I failed to get a shot of N8 riding, but there is one of him sitting on his bike in the woods. I also failed to get a DHG style shot of the wasted, old ladies dancing at the bar. Anyway, here goes my travel pictorial...

the drive

lovely Shreveport at night

N8 on the trail

me with my new Bike :love:

me and N8 at the Superior Bar and Grill

me and Mrs. DNA at the Superior Bar and Grill

me at the stadium

Tigers on the field

Tigers win!

Tigers celebrate

a Tiger player mourns on the 25 yard line for A.O. (a player who died in training during the summer)

a sad Gamecock

tired dogs on the way back from Grandma and Grandpa's house (where they stayed)

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Hey Man!

It was a blast to meet you and MizDNA. Your new bike is teh r0x0rz!!!1111

The Monkey Trail was in kick ass shape too. Congrat's on your mad switchback skills.

Too bad those old drunk biker ho'z left the bar before you could capture them on film... :p

You are most welcome to visit again, anytime.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
It was a good time. N8 actually rides that big, ole' bike. He's a pretty tall guy, so it doesn't look all that goofy on him either.

I do have to say that I was dissapointed that I didn't get to see the pink shirt at dinner :blah:.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
DNA said:
It was a good time. N8 actually rides that big, ole' bike. He's a pretty tall guy, so it doesn't look all that goofy on him either.

I do have to say that I was dissapointed that I didn't get to see the pink shirt at dinner :blah:.

Next time d00d, next time..!

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Nah, but we probably passed her Hwy 71 as we drove south and she went north to Ft. Smith.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
N8 said:
It's a nice frame and they do make it in a 29er.... :D
On-one makes a 29er Inbred but I have the semi-burly 456 Inbred. That was my first real ride on the bike and it was great. It sticks to the trail really well with the fork turned down to 100mm of travel. I haven't had a chance to hit the dual slalom course or the guerilla DH trail with it yet, but so far so good!

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
DNA said:
On-one makes a 29er Inbred but I have the semi-burly 456 Inbred. That was my first real ride on the bike and it was great. It sticks to the trail really well with the fork turned down to 100mm of travel. I haven't had a chance to hit the dual slalom course or the guerilla DH trail with it yet, but so far so good!

You had no problems with any of the sketchy sections of the Monkey on that bike. But then again we don't have any real downhill type areas here. Are you going to ride that bike in the Arkansas DH series?

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
N8 dude, with hair like that no wonder you can't get a audience with the prez.............not to mention you're giving metero's a bad name with that hair........at least get a faux hawk or something...LOL

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
N8 said:
You had no problems with any of the sketchy sections of the Monkey on that bike. But then again we don't have any real downhill type areas here. Are you going to ride that bike in the Arkansas DH series?
I plan on it. I suspect that the bike will take anything that I can throw at it, but then again I ride DH like a scared girl scout.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
DNA said:
My X-mas present from Mrs. DNA was a trip down to N8erland to see the Independence Bowl (the University of Missouri is my alma mater and current workplace).
DNA I didn't realize you were from MO. Nearly all my in-laws live in the Tipton area and by law are required to be Mizzou fans.......LOL, I have a brother and sister that also graduated from there as well.

I myself went to school in Warrensburg........but as a former show-me stater it's cool seeing another one on here.

What do you do at Mizzou???

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
narlus said:
how can you guys ride w/ glasses on?
Missed this one...

I dunno, I always have. Do you mean "as opposed to contact lenses?"

I have had poor luck with contacts, my eyes got really dry. The Oakley's have been my best pair of glasses ever (even though I only have one pair).

Andyman_1970 said:
DNA I didn't realize you were from MO. Nearly all my in-laws live in the Tipton area and by law are required to be Mizzou fans.......LOL, I have a brother and sister that also graduated from there as well.

I myself went to school in Warrensburg........but as a former show-me stater it's cool seeing another one on here.

What do you do at Mizzou???
Tipton, huh? I think that one of my wife's roommates back in college was from there. I am a graphic artist for the Arts and Science Dean's Office.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
DNA said:
Missed this one...

I dunno, I always have. Do you mean "as opposed to contact lenses?"

I have had poor luck with contacts, my eyes got really dry. The Oakley's have been my best pair of glasses ever (even though I only have one pair).

Tipton, huh? I think that one of my wife's roommates back in college was from there. I am a graphic artist for the Arts and Science Dean's Office.
I ride with glasses or contacts which ever happens to be handy.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the 1st time i went riding in ireland i forgot to put my contact lenses in (i use extended wear now)...my glasses were bouncing all over place while trying to descent Bray Head, even secured by my fullface helmet...it was a nightmare.