Quantcast

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
you were doing so good up until here.

Also, I think part of the problem is the fact that nowadays people are able to be professional politicians. Back when our country began, there was no such thing.

Gotcha. Most worked as farmers full time or other stuff. Actual work. Nowadays it's a vote here an interview there and the other 3/4 of the time is spent snorting coke off a hookers ass and watching sporting events in the high box.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Gotcha. Most worked as farmers full time or other stuff. Actual work. Nowadays it's a vote here an interview there and the other 3/4 of the time is spent snorting coke off a hookers ass and watching sporting events in the high box.
Not necessarily farmers (but a good number were). But also bankers, lawyers, that kind of stuff (back when those professions were much more respectable/respected). Point is, because they were involved with business they were much more in touch with how the world actually runs.

But yea, you're right. Most of the time politicians spend handling PR nowadays.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not necessarily farmers (but a good number were). But also bankers, lawyers, that kind of stuff (back when those professions were much more respectable/respected). Point is, because they were involved with business they were much more in touch with how the world actually runs.

But yea, you're right. Most of the time politicians spend handling PR nowadays.
Not farmers, land owners. They were farmers like the CEO of GM is a factory worker.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think you may be looking back on history with rose-colored glasses. They were rich dudes running the country back then. Well intentioned rich dudes.
I'm not arguing that. I know they were well off, but its not like they were just sitting back and just cashing in their paycheck every other week.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Knuck...you forgot tobacco and oil. They run as much of Congress as the banks.

But I see what you do...turn a blind eye and God will square it away for you. I have my faith in God, but my actions are going to change just as much. But, I'll tell you, if you try hard enough to alter a plan, you can certainly help. The little man making the right noise in the right place will help.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have a plan.... We could have a critical mass at the Cumberland Farms. Block access to the gas pumps and chain ourselves to the soda cooler and block the snack aisle. When the cops come we could snatch and grab a couple of cases of Budweiser, some cigarettes and then make a break for McDonald's and have a couple of things of the Dollar Menu..... They will never catch us as we will be on bikes. Who's in?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I have a plan.... We could have a critical mass at the Cumberland Farms. Block access to the gas pumps and chain ourselves to the soda cooler and block the snack aisle. When the cops come we could snatch and grab a couple of cases of Budweiser, some cigarettes and then make a break for McDonald's and have a couple of things of the Dollar Menu..... They will never catch us as we will be on bikes. Who's in?
I'm SO there! We'll show them! We'll show them all!!!!!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I'm SO there! We'll show them! We'll show them all!!!!!
I'm in a bit of a quandry. Should I buy a scratch off Lottery ticket or wait until we are at McDonalds and get some fries? I am pretty sure the republicans are keeping the money from the lottery for themselves, But they have to cut down 40 trees in the rain forest for 1 order of fries. What is the lesser evil?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
No, do not buy a scratch ticket. There could be someone behind you waiting to buy a 12 pack of beer on a Monday night or a pack of cigarettes.
The folks who follow me are always behind me. Except when the drones are observing me. Now that I am home from Pakistan I feel I am being watched all the time. The TSA kept my nail clippers too! By the way the riding over there was fantastic.....