Quantcast

My Uncle left a message on my machine that my dad died

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Dysfunctional: adj 1: impaired in function; especially of a bodily system or organ 2: (of a trait or condition) failing to serve an adjustive purpose; "dysfunctional behavior"

My retarded family (fathers side.) Had no clue when leaving a message on my answering machine, that ‘my’ dad had died, that I wasn’t the right son. I’m sure in the 5 days since my Uncle died if it was my dad, my mom would have told me.
So I call the number I was given, it’s a bar. Ask for some dude I’ve never heard of and stated that the living uncle had contacted the wrong son and that my dad was most assuredly alive. He states “yes he is he’s right here you wana talk to him?”
Neither person really understanding that my basic point is that this other person (cousin) still doesn’t know his dad is dead, but my dad seemed to be having a good time so we promptly hung up as not to harsh his mellow.
So to sum it up, I have a cousin that uses my name, 2 living (maybe more) uncles that I haven’t heard from since I was 14 and a whole slew of aunts, cousins and assorted relatives from my fathers side I’ve never met but my dad is still alive.
It’s actually kind of a funny story if you tell it right :)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
The Toninator said:
Dysfunctional: adj 1: impaired in function; especially of a bodily system or organ 2: (of a trait or condition) failing to serve an adjustive purpose; "dysfunctional behavior"

My retarded family (fathers side.) Had no clue when leaving a message on my answering machine, that ‘my’ dad had died, that I wasn’t the right son. I’m sure in the 5 days since my Uncle died if it was my dad, my mom would have told me.
So I call the number I was given, it’s a bar. Ask for some dude I’ve never heard of and stated that the living uncle had contacted the wrong son and that my dad was most assuredly alive. He states “yes he is he’s right here you wana talk to him?”
Neither person really understanding that my basic point is that this other person (cousin) still doesn’t know his dad is dead, but my dad seemed to be having a good time so we promptly hung up as not to harsh his mellow.
So to sum it up, I have a cousin that uses my name, 2 living (maybe more) uncles that I haven’t heard from since I was 14 and a whole slew of aunts, cousins and assorted relatives from my fathers side I’ve never met but my dad is still alive.
It’s actually kind of a funny story if you tell it right :)
Um....wow. Does the correct one know yet?

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I'm not sure, i think he's in jail.

everytime i think of my dads family i ALWAYS have thought of this quote:
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I Are Baboon said:
I am completely confused. So you're saying your uncle died, Tony?? Sorry to hear it.
Yea, thanks B but that whole side of the family is/are pretty much strangers too me. Athough all of the uncles got kicked out of their houses at one point or another and lived with us, in my room, i havent had any type of contact with them since before i was in highschool (20+years.)

JBP my did quit drinking i think he was just there with his brothers.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
hooples3 said:
yikes..... what a swing of emotions
not so much I had already known he had passed, me and my family talks to each other where as the others only do when they need money or a bed becuase their current wife kicked them out of the house.
i was a little weird though.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
The Toninator said:
Yea, thanks B but that whole side of the family is/are pretty much strangers too me. Athough all of the uncles got kicked out of their houses at one point or another and lived with us, in my room, i havent had any type of contact with them since before i was in highschool (20+years.)

JBP my did quit drinking i think he was just there with his brothers.
Did any of them ever touch you in that special place? :D