Quantcast

...... My Wednesday ~~~~

gonefirefightin

free wieners
May the Schwartz be witcha

Spent the night in Rexburg, actually had a few hours to fish Henry’s fork. Took 4 others with me. They didn’t believe the name of the location.

IMG_3619.jpeg

landed 6, lost 2, seen the biggest garter snake in my life, easily 2” in diameter

Wheels up at 0600 and will be going dark on comms at 0700 and on foot for the week. I will be fishing any chance I get for the week while in the park. Should be heading back into cell range on the 2nd

And remember,

Every poo poo time is a pee pee time but not every pee pee time is a poo poo time.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
For the first plot tour/field day I’ve had, it went very well. My boss/owner of the company was happy with the turn out.

Need to decide if I’m taking a bike with me this weekend or not. Delivering and installing a counter top. Would be pretty stupid to not ride though. . .

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Decided to take a break and rode the bus to/from the hospital yesterday. Was actually pretty damn convenient, though the timing isn't super great coming home. Nothing 15 or 20 minutes of OT can't solve though. Will do that again one day. Today is for the Single Speed.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Decided to take a break and rode the bus to/from the hospital yesterday. Was actually pretty damn convenient, though the timing isn't super great coming home. Nothing 15 or 20 minutes of OT can't solve though. Will do that again one day. Today is for the Single Speed.
Nice, did you try to fit in on the bus? You know, by ranting to yourself and taking a shit on the seat?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

bUt HaVe YoU tRiEd An EbIkE

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So I have this developer who I don't like or get along with who is having issues ruining someone's code. I ran it just fine, so now he wants to set up a meeting to figure out why it doesn't work for him. This isn't my code, I was just asked to run it, which I did. I told him he needs to talk to the guy who wrote it as he might know what the issue is. But no, he has scheduled a meeting with me AND our project manager because he knows how bad I don't want to be there.

What part of "this isn't my code" do you not comprehend?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning Monkeys.

So I have this developer who I don't like or get along with who is having issues ruining someone's code. I ran it just fine, so now he wants to set up a meeting to figure out why it doesn't work for him. This isn't my code, I was just asked to run it, which I did. I told him he needs to talk to the guy who wrote it as he might know what the issue is. But no, he has scheduled a meeting with me AND our project manager because he knows how bad I don't want to be there.

1724851229561.png

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Morning Monkeys.

make it short.

fuck it up on purpose

or

fart alot.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
make it short.

fuck it up on purpose

or

fart alot.
Thankfully it's a Teams call because fatty (him, not me) never leaves the house. He is also lonely since his wife left him earlier this year, so he likes to call pointless meetings so he feels involved or something.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

RUFF morning here. I guess those three beers I had last night were too much.

But the show must go on, its Wednesday, and therefore it is bike night with the buddies!

But I had to drive into the city for work today. I will leave early because of "traffic".

Morning Monkeys.

1724852910911.png

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Woke up at 5:00 but didn't want to, dragged myself to the high school track in a grumpy mood, and fired off a good 60 minute run (8.6 miles). I am glad that's done. I'll hit the KICKR later today for the third day in a row.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
howdy ppls

'squeeb should indeed get an e-commuter

I am wfh today so will try squeeze in some sunning/hot tub time around noon

that is about it

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Great workout last night + a monster prime rib eye on the grill. booked some ski trip lodging yesterday for this Winter, so naturally it'll be in the 90s here today to keep me checked.
Mmm, prime cut rib-eye. Cooked one of those the other night for the wife and I. Medium rare with a delicious pan sauce. :drool: 10/10 would eat again.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Made the drive home last night drama-free in spite of being awake for the better part of 26 hrs.

Probably try to get my last ride or two in this week before the grape harvest starts. If even look at my bike during harvest, I sleep on the couch.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ankle still hurts. might be related to my infection last week. I was supposed to go riding today... :(

anything new in the world of hydration packs? I'm not getting along with my osprey

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Great workout last night + a monster prime rib eye on the grill. booked some ski trip lodging yesterday for this Winter, so naturally it'll be in the 90s here today to keep me checked.
You gonna make it over to Yurp for the TRG shenanigans in March? :brows:

<snip> If even look at my bike during harvest, I sleep on the couch.
So *ride* your bike and get kicked outta da house.

Win/win?

:D

anything new in the world of hydration packs? I'm not getting along with my osprey
Fanny pack, Brotato!

Although that probably couldn't be considered "new" at this point. :D

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So to be a dick, I installed and reconfigured last night's build along with the associated Boost packages (I'm not a fan of boost btw) and reran the hokey batch file that creates the solution. Rebuilt the solution in both debug and release and reran the test. It totally works.

For the nerds here, this code is an integration that allows you to use cmake with our SDK with Boost support for people who still do that sort of thing. So this batch file uses cmake to build a Visual Studio solution that builds a sample app that looks at file sizes. So at a command line, you run the app and give it the path to a file as an argument, the app will tell you how big that file is.

The release version of the app jackass built can't find the file specified regardless of file specified. Somehow this is now my problem, but I have zero experience with cmake and my boost exposure is limited by choice. :rofl:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
why aren't you getting along with your pack? comfort/sore back?
comfort is good, movement is horrible. I hate riding with the osprey- as soon as the going gets fast, the pack starts sloshing around. I'd consider a hip pack, but I want storage and lots of water. two or three bottles isn't really enough- I think 70oz would probably be perfect (and electrolyte in my bottle). I thought it was just my imagination with the osprey, but I spoke with another dude who had the same comment. I did not have the issues with my camelbak ages ago, but I'm also faster than I was then.

I've been eyeballing the USWE packs for a while, but supporting lab austere would be a good way to go. I'm just not sure I need 15L of carrying. So I guess I'm looking for either a cross-chest pack or a good lumbar hydration pack.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
comfort is good, movement is horrible. I hate riding with the osprey- as soon as the going gets fast, the pack starts sloshing around. I'd consider a hip pack, but I want storage and lots of water. two or three bottles isn't really enough- I think 70oz would probably be perfect (and electrolyte in my bottle). I thought it was just my imagination with the osprey, but I spoke with another dude who had the same comment. I did not have the issues with my camelbak ages ago, but I'm also faster than I was then.

I've been eyeballing the USWE packs for a while, but supporting lab austere would be a good way to go. I'm just not sure I need 15L of carrying. So I guess I'm looking for either a cross-chest pack or a good lumbar hydration pack.
I use the EVOC 1.5L hip pack which I'm super happy with, and for longer or hotter rides I also carry a 24oz bottle on the bike. Only when I need to carry lots of food, tools or layers do I grab my Osprey backpack any more.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

I have the small USWE for racing, just carries water, no stuff space. LA hip pack for close to home sub 4 hours. For longer trail rides I also have the Lab Austere. 6ish hours is probably the longest I've had that on. I've got something planned closer to 9 hours in a couple of weeks.