Quantcast

...... My Wednesday ~~~~

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So since I’m home for a bit I decided to ride my bike from the garage up the street and back. I thought I was in the biggest cog but was in the middle of the cassette when I looked. Going to head out to take advantage of thru hiker fitness. Probably only my second ride this year.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Great event at school last night. Took my niece and nephew back to school shopping for some clothes this morning....I love being able to help them out and am fortunate enough to be able to do that for them. Now it's looks like rain so I will get the lawn mowed quickly.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I used to do shit like this until I woke up in my upside down car.
Yeah. I was a little concerned as well, but for some reason was not groggy at all.

About 10 years ago I nodded off -like full power down slump- on the autobahn after taking a red-eye to Germany. I’ve taken the high speed train for that commute ever since; including this last trip. Faster and I can sleep, have a coffee, watch youtube, and/or whatever.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
...but supporting lab austere would be a good way to go...
I have the Lab Austere pack and I'm not getting along with... only one ride on it but it just doesn't fit me that well. What Osprey do you have, and in what condition? I might consider a trade... or if you want to check out this LA for a super reasonable amount of doll hairs shoot me a message.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I have the Lab Austere pack and I'm not getting along with... only one ride on it but it just doesn't fit me that well. What Osprey do you have, and in what condition? I might consider a trade... or if you want to check out this LA for a super reasonable amount of doll hairs shoot me a message.
You should have asked to take a look at my LA when you noticed it the other week before splashing the cash.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have the small USWE for racing, just carries water, no stuff space. LA hip pack for close to home sub 4 hours. For longer trail rides I also have the Lab Austere. 6ish hours is probably the longest I've had that on. I've got something planned closer to 9 hours in a couple of weeks.
Do you have the backpack as well as the lumbar? I do something similar- water bottle on the bike plus a small hip pack for necessities on sub 2hr rides, 2-6hr I’m good with a backpack to make sure I have a spare tube, pump, shock pump, Snacks, etc. I am continuously minimizing, so I’m down to a TPU tube and have a battery pump on the way. No jacket typically

I really have my eye on the USWE 3L airborne, as it‘s super minimalist with just enough water and a tool kit for important bits To keep me rolling and eating, but I’m not sure if I need more space.
Interesting. I have an Osprey 10, I think. It’s in good shape but the bladder is spent. Happy to send photos if that’s of interest. I haven’t ridden with it much as I bought it just before having children…so womp womp. It’s red. I don’’t think I’ve ever used the tool roll!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Do you have the backpack as well as the lumbar?
Sorry, I didn't make that clear. Yep both. Hip pack can carry 2x30oz plus a 22oz on the bike so I'm good for sub 4 hours "close" to home where I don't need to carry warmer gear etc. I use the pack for up in the mountains where I need to always have a jacket, head covering, warmer gloves in case the weather goes bad, second spare tube etc.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
:wave:

RUFF morning here. I guess those three beers I had last night were too much.

But the show must go on, its Wednesday, and therefore it is bike night with the buddies!

But I had to drive into the city for work today. I will leave early because of "traffic".

View attachment 217537
I finally gave home guest access to my dev box and told him to knock himself out. He figured out he was using an unsupported version and has since corrected it. :rofl:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Man they slacking over at reddit. I'm gonna have to pull out the "castrate pedophiles with a rusty tin can" to get banned today. They're real protective of pedophiles.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You should have asked to take a look at my LA when you noticed it the other week before splashing the cash.
Eh, I wouldn't have known what I don't care for about the pack had I not worn it for a ride. Plus, it was 50% off or some such nonsense so I didn't spend a whole lot of cheddar for it.

Interesting. I have an Osprey 10, I think. It’s in good shape but the bladder is spent. Happy to send photos if that’s of interest. I haven’t ridden with it much as I bought it just before having children…so womp womp. It’s red. I don’’t think I’ve ever used the tool roll!
Eh, not large enough for what I would use it for TBH. Offer stands if you wanna try the LA that I'll make nice deal for you.